BusinessObjects Board

Where can I download an evaluation copy of ... ?

The only authorized place to download evaluation software is from the Business Objects web site. At the time this post was written a page listing the available options was here:

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

Note that many of the enterprise products do not offer a free trial for downloading. You must contact your sales representative to arrange an evaluation product. If a product is not listed on the site linked above, it is very likely that there is no free / trial / evaluation copy available for download. Please do not request such from other BOB members as we do not support inappropriate or illegal file sharing on this board. Thanks for understanding and complying with this rule.

Please note: This topic is provided because of the number of posts we saw related to getting “free” or “evaluation” copies of SAP software. It is not intended to become a source for links to download evaluation software for any other companies. If your company has a product and you would like to get exposure on BOB you have two choices. You can join BOB and participate by answering questions and providing good suggestions or advice and include a link to your company web site or product download page in your signature. Or you can use the contact form to request information related to the BOB banner program.

You may not join this site just to promote your products. Such posts will be removed by the moderator team, and repeated abuse may result in your account being banned from the board.

[Edited to update to SAP link - Dave Rathbun]
[Updated to clarify what is meant by “evaluation software”]

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I have just realized that it is possible to download trial versions of BusinessObjects Edge (Standard, Professional and Premium) from the page mentioned above. It wasn’t there before.

Maybe someone will find this useful :yesnod:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Do you know if it’s possible to download any trial version of Universe Design? I’ve been looking for it lately but can’t find anything:/ I’d like to practice a little at home 'cos i’ve just finished universe design course at business objects?

Fasco81 (BOB member since 2008-10-18)

Designer is not a product that can be bought on its own. It’s part of BusinessObjects Enterprise/Edge, so you’ll need to get our hands on either via the above mentioned link or through your partner manager, if you work for a partner.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Hello,

The link that was posted was probably from before XI 3.1 came out. Is there another link where I can download the evaluation Application for Servers (preferably Windows).

Btw, in the given link, is the XI 3.0 enterprise server called the “SAP BusinessObjects Edge Series 3.0”? What does edge series mean?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

edyl (BOB member since 2005-10-03)

Edge series is specially designed for the SME Companies

Check out more @
http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/edgeseries/index.epx

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

I am not able to find a trial version of XI R2? Can somebody please help?

nabila (BOB member since 2008-01-28)

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Downloads and resources for the free trial of SAP BusinessObjects Edge BI:
https://www12.sap.com/campaign/2011_CROSS_EDGE_BI_FREE_TRIAL

Please, see here: http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I installed the SAP BusinessObjects Edge Series. After completing the installation, I tried launching the Central Management Console. When I do that, it opens the Internet Explorer and fails to connect and displays the standard message “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”. What should I do to fix this issue and log on to CMC to configure and launch BI Launch Pad. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am new to BOBJ and trying to learn with the help of available online documents.

bobjnewbie1976 (BOB member since 2011-06-29)

I was troubleshooting installing BO Edge for one week last year. A few important issues are:

1. Must disable any anti-virus software, including McAfee, which I hate most. Must disable the services related to them, no only the icon you see.
  2. Make sure the default Tomcat server is working. Go to tomact folder to test if the web server is working
  3. The limit of trial version is somewhat limit to number of objects (<10) you can create, number of rows return from each query. But it is okay if you just use it for learning.
  4. There is a time limit (45 days). But you can modify your computer time to let the BO works forever for you. Also, you can try RunAsDate software which automatically modify time each time when you run a software being expired.

zhaizhongping (BOB member since 2011-08-29)

Hi guys

i am in need of the following software free trial license key
please guys any one provide the keys, i searched a lot in websites , couldn’t get even one.

Software name:Business Objects XI R2
Key:any trial having
Company:SAP

rajeshrac :india: (BOB member since 2012-05-03)

The only way how to get it is through your SAP key account/ vendor. This site is not for exchanging license keys.

What you are asking BOB members to do can be also illegal so please stop posting questions like this.

Contact your SAP vendor with this problem.

Please see the post above yours - it is illegal to provide these keys. Contact SAP directly - they may be able to provide you with an evaluation key.

Hello There,

Can some one help me download XI R3 version of Buisness Objects, as i am unable to find on the SAP website, it has only the latest version.

Regards
Reddy

lssreddy :uk: (BOB member since 2008-05-20)

If you have a S number for the service marketplace, you will be able to see whatever software you have licensed. If you can’t see what you want, you probably aren’t licensed for it. Open a message for Tech Support to assist you.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

not sure what the difference between the 2 links is

#1 http://www.sap.com/solution/sme/software/free-trials.html

#2 http://www.sap.com/software-free-trials/index.html

but anyways I downloaded from 2 and if it helps anyone, recorded while downloading and installing…

Naresh Ganatra :us: (BOB member since 2004-04-09)