BusinessObjects Board

Universe for BO Data Integrator / Data Services

Here’s a sample universe that you would point at your production DI/DS repository, to let you report on object relationships, profiler and CMS collector results, and job activity.
DI_Universe.zip (65.0 KB)

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

Has anyone managed to unzip this sample universe? When I try to extract it with Winzip I get the following error message:
File skipped unknown compression method.

Bomada :sweden: (BOB member since 2008-06-25)

I was just able to download and unzip it completely with no errors. I am using WinZip 10. If you’re using a much older version of WinZip, it might not work for you.

Hi dnewton,

I am able to download and extract the files successfully. Thank you for the Universe.

I just have one question for you, what is the need to create the two additional views? Could you please elaborate or am i missing something here. :?

Regards,
Viru

viru4808 :australia: (BOB member since 2008-01-09)

Just confirming that the download extracts fine in Winzip 9.0 as well…

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

The views are there to simplify the logic in the universe.

I just uploaded V2 of the universe – there are more views and new objects in the universe, around the area of lineage analysis.

Can you please post the link to the new version of this universe, many thanks

sajohal (BOB member since 2008-04-29)

I believe he updated the attachment in the first post.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Anyone an idea if there is an update of this for BODS 4.0/4.1

TurningPointHolland :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)

I am also looking for the similar tool which can document BOE 4 universe. Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot.

bryant_jcb (BOB member since 2009-09-17)

Yeah the v4 version would be nice. I think I checked in with Doug about 1-1.5 years ago and he was working on non DS/DI projects so maybe he isn’t monitoring this thread any longer? by the way Hello Doug if you are monitoring :wink:

LANFIELD :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-18)