BusinessObjects Board

Dashboard on BODS jobs

Hi All,

Can some provide me some inputs on how to start a dashboard on real time jobs of BODS.

Dashboard should provide the status of jobs on daily basis. Is this possible with Xcelsius ??

RUC :us: (BOB member since 2010-05-03)

Yes I’ve done something around this. What I’ve done is fairly specific to our systems and requirements but I can help suggest a few things. Start here …

That’ll give you a universe to report on the information. I extended this a bit to get a different hierarchical view but key Job info is in MW_Jobhist_VW. At the top level for a dashboard I pull out the last 10 days run times (it’s a nightly job), overlay an average and the has_error fields. Then I have a traffic light system for the status of the main job on our Prod/QA/Dev systems for the current day and last three days. The colour coding is based on errors, run time (compared to average) and last run date.

It’s the first thing we run on coming in in the morning, so we get a very quick overview of the job status on all three systems. We also have a drill down to a Webi report which breaks timings down to the WF/DF level and allows comparison. So when a job is slow we click on the bar representing that day and get a comparison which is drill-able so you can see if it was a general problem or some particular aspect taking more time.

DanDensley :uk: (BOB member since 2009-05-12)