BusinessObjects Board

BO Universe to report on DI's respository

Does anyone know of a bespoke a BO Universe that can report some useful information about a Data Integrator Metadata Repository?

Thank you in advance.

sajohal (BOB member since 2008-04-29)

We created one ourselves. If you look at the Views in the database repository, and then consult the DI manuals (there’s a chapter on the metadata and views), it’s pretty easy to build, just a few hours of work.

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

Thank you for the information, could you possibly send me this universe file?

Thank you once again.

I am also building the universe for the same purpose and have the dashboard for it and was thinking from where to start. This universe file has given me the good start.
If any one has dome more work on this universe and create dashboard for it then please share yur knowledge.

Thanks!

Archie (BOB member since 2008-06-19)

Archie,

I know that you can build a correlated query using Oracle’s “connect by prior” function and run against the Oracle DI metadata but haven’t been able to master this. This helps to build a depedency report of all objects in a repository which will be very helpful when run against a central repository to understand the impact of changing an object.

Can you please let me know when you’ve completed your dashboard, many thanks.

If anyone knows of this correlated query I talk about above, please please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

Sajohal,
Right now I am on the first step of it and let you know what I progress on it.
If you have studied this universe, can you tell me the use of the tables ALVW_FLOW_STAT, MW_JOBHIST_VW and MW_JOB_SCHED_VW.

Archie,

I’ve not studied it in detail and only know that ALVW_FLOW_STAT is the view contains information about the execution statistics of transforms
within data flows.

I am trying to design a universe and using dashboard to see the execution of DI jobs, This is the first requirement.
I am working in DI on version 11.7.2
As the Operational Dashboard in Mangement Console works, showing the progress of the the current job, At my first step I am looking forward to see that through my designed Universe and Dashboard.

If any one can give the internal working of this Operational Dashboard, like what tables are used, what calculations are made etc., that will help me alot in moving forward.

Hi All,
I am making good progress in this. Right now i am finding the way how to read the error logs, trace land monitor logs. If any one has any idea how to get these txt files being read through webI report then please share with me.

Thanks

Archie, I can’t help with reading the txt files but just to say keep up the goodwork and can’t wait to see the end product.

Well I am not sure if I should post this in for WebI reports or here. Well I continued here since its related to my this task.

If you guys have seen the Operational Dashboard in Management Console of Data Integrator, then in it the first graph is showing the Job execution statistics. Now I am trying ta achieve the same as it s working here in WebI reports.Creating a graph and clicking on the particular area it points to the table related to it. For achieving this I have created a document, in which I have created three reports with status succeeded, error and started respectively. Now I want to create a graph which takes the count of jobs for each status, in other words if I say makes the graph by combining the results of the three reports.
If any body has any idea on how to do it, please share it.

By the way, I put an updated version of the universe (and underlying database views) in that posting:

Great!
Now we have the next task to generate the reports on these Universe. If you or any one else creating reports on it, then please share those ones too.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have created some reports for the end users and administrators and now ready to give the access to these reports to them.

Can you guys help me out in listing all the advantages of this Universe. I am looking out for a document to be created which gives what are the limitations of Management console and how this Universe is going to help us in getting more information from the repository metadata tables.

Thanks in advance!
Archie

The universe “is what it is”. It may be useful in your scenario or not. It’s kind of hard for others to speak to the write-up you need to do.

The most obvious difference is: With the DI Web Admin, you get what you get. If that functionality doesn’t work, you’re stuck. With a universe you can create “anything”. But there are of course some things present in the DI Admin that can’t be produced by a BO report/universe.

I guess what I’m trying to say is – if you’ve explored both options thoroughly, the differences and benefits of each should be relatively clear. :wink:

Hi,
We are now using this universe and have many benefits using it.
In the next step we are now trying to read the log files. Have you any idea how we could read the log files? We get the complete path of the log file, now that log file is to be populated in a table and then from that table the data is to be displayed in the report.
If you have any thoughts on how to do it, please share.

Thanks!
Archie