BusinessObjects Board

How to find the list of reports developed on a universe?

Is there any way we can find all reports based on a universe?

For Ex. All the reports in the BOEXI environment created using eFashion universe.

Chandru 901 :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-20)

You can get this from the Activity universe. It tells you what reports were refreshed against which universes.

There is no good way to search the system other than this.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

If you go into the “Query Builder” you can find this information, without the need of using the SDK.

Select * from CI_APPOBJECTS where SI_KIND=‘Universe’ and SI_NAME=‘MyUniverseName’

In the results, you will see an area called SI_WEBI. These are the SI_ID for the WebI Objects.

From this list of IDs you will need to create another query:

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = ‘WebI’ and SI_ID in (list of IDs from Above)

This will result in a list of reports for a specific universe. The next step would be to find folders, owner, instances, etc…same process, different queries.

cduey :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

Thanks Clark!!

This works fine!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Chandru 901 :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-20)

I hate the Query Builder.

Clark, how scalable is this. What if you have thousands of reports on the system.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I hate the query builder as well! What I have done is created an Excel Application using the SDK to get this information. The query builder has a limit of 1000 records, looks like a limit set in the infoobjects. We have 3,300+ reports so doing this process manually via query builder is no longer an option.

In my “excel” application i query 1000 at a time and loop through a few other queries to get the results.

I will be cleanign this up for my demo at the next BOUG meeting in LA/OC on the 20th.

You don’t need to query 1000 at a time, just use TOP N in the query to set the result size maximum. ie:

SELECT TOP 100000 SI_ID FROM … etc

The default is 1000, hence the limit you’ve encountered.

JGreg
www.zoom-software.com
BOXI Tools

JGreg (BOB member since 2007-11-21)

Thanks for the tip JGreg!

No problem mon ami :wink:

JGreg (BOB member since 2007-11-21)

Hi Folks,
Anyone know how I can get the parent folder of the reports produced?
Thanks,
BatCat

BatCat :uk: (BOB member since 2004-05-18)

I have a Excel document using the SDK to get this for all reports. I will post it to BOB when it is ready to share…

The parent folder is stored as an ID under the “SI_PARENT_FOLDER” property. You must include it in the query to access this ID. I’ll piggyback off the other query posted earlier. Change this query:

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = 'WebI' and SI_ID in (list of IDs from Above)

To look like this:

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_PARENT_FOLDER FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = 'WebI' and SI_ID in (list of IDs from Above)

Then run those IDs through this query:

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND IN ('Folder', 'FavoritesFolder') and SI_ID in (list of IDs from Above) 

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

I think someone needs to create an ID for “my bff bob” :rotf:

:hugs:

Hi

"SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = ‘WebI’ and SI_ID in (list of IDs from Above)

What is the right way to put ID numbers in above bracket to get report name? i have tried it different but getting errors. Please help me out.

BOpat :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

IDs are entered in parenthesis and separated by a comma. For example:

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND IN ('Folder', 'FavoritesFolder') and SI_ID in (101, 102, 103, 104, 105)

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

Hi Clark,
I am looking for the EXCEL utility could you please share it.

Thanks,
Sbhusan

sbhusan :canada: (BOB member since 2006-06-26)

Hi,

I don’t think there is any freeware for this :wink:

If you are using only deski documents you can use the Dwayne’s utility to list the objects used in a set of reports. There is another one for webi docs also.

BR
Sebastien

Hi All,

I have a similar type of query but here I want to get the report columns for a particular report and universe. I’m already done with the universe and report listing through query builder query but unable to get the same for report and report objects. Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Sourav

das_sou88 (BOB member since 2008-05-29)

Hi and welcome to BOB,

This info is not stored within the CMS.

BR
Sebastien

Hi Sebastien,

Many thanks for the greeting and a quick reply :smiley:

Could you please tell me a way how can I achieve the same? I’m preparing a java based tool which can read the metadata of BOXIR2/R3.

Thanks in advance
Sourav

das_sou88 (BOB member since 2008-05-29)