BusinessObjects Board

How long did the report take to refresh?

In DESKI, it is possible to see how many minutes/seconds it took for the report to refresh.

So far in WEBI, the only way I can find to get that information is to click “Refresh Data” and see the the time estimate and then click cancel.

Is there an undocumented formula function to grab that time and put it onto the report or a menu command that shows it?

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Seguin :us: (BOB member since 2004-12-08)

Hi,

one way to do this is to schedule the report and then click on the Success Status value of the intance after it has completed and it will give a start and end time although it is only in minutes.

HTH

Ben 8)

BenI :australia: (BOB member since 2005-02-08)

Updating this as finally found the answer.

If you click on a report (not modify) and it opens in Interactive view, there is a drop down in the upper left hand corner. You can click Data Summary, and get the run time facts.

There is a wealth of data that is printable - cool. :mrsbob:

Joel Seguin :us: (BOB member since 2004-12-08)

Hi Joel,

yes, I have come across this in Interactive Viewer before and thought it should be standard info for all reports as this feature will only be visible for sites and users that have access to Interactive Viewer.

There must be some BO environment variables or similar that can be interrogated to retrieve this information if it is do-able for Interactive Viewer!? Will have to investigate further!

Cheers
Ben 8)

BenI :australia: (BOB member since 2005-02-08)

If the Data Summary option isn’t in the drop down list in the Interactive View, how can I get it there? All that I have is Navigation Map, User Prompt Input and Find.

Thanks!

Contractor_D (BOB member since 2007-04-13)

have a look at the following topic https://bobj-board.org/t/101886

It has the a column “duration” which indicates the time taken for WEBI and DESKI documents to refresh.

HTH

Sushir Patel :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-19)

Thanks, unless I am missing something, this isn’t quite what I was looking for. I used to have an option in that drop down menu that let me look at the statistics for each query and I could see how long each query took to execute etc. It must be something fairly simple to get back all of the options available in that drop down menu in the Interactive View in Webi XI.

I looked through and found an earlier post by someone with this same issue, all that their users have are “navigation map”, “filter” and “user prompt input”, the same as what I can see. They were told that Data Summary option should be available for Webi reports and what I have are Webi reports. But that option is not available. It was there several weeks ago when I was here, but I have been gone for several weeks and now that I came back for a day or two, that option is no longer available. So, it must be something that is fairly simple to change in some setting somewhere.

Any ideas?

Aha, finally figured it out. The other person that is using this ID changed the view mode to HTML. I changed that back to Interactive and viola, there are all of the options.

Contractor_D (BOB member since 2007-04-13)