BusinessObjects Board

How did you hear about Bob?

Please vote in the poll :smiley:

Most people probably migrated from busob-l to Bob but a few people have dropped comments about ‘stumbling’ on to Bob. We’re especially curious about what constituted ‘stumbling’. Please vote and provide details if you learned about Bob from a search engine or in some other way!

[Edited to say generic “user conference” not “user conference in Miami” - Dave]

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

I learned about Bob from Andrew Sonner, who worked with me on a FEMA contract. I have mentioned the value of the exchange between knowledge seekers, forum moderators, and forum participants at BO courses, at customer sites and at meetings related to Knowledge Management. The word has not spread as far as it should have; so many missed learning opportunities!!!
Suggestion: Consultants on engagements, or Business Objects instructors teaching a course should relate stories of their successes using the forum.
Sue Coursey :smiley:

SCOURSEY (BOB member since 2003-06-12)

Great site… I just send al my collegues (BI and DWH unit)
thnks!

E10 :netherlands: (BOB member since 2003-04-16)

a search engine sent me - specifically, as requested, it was google.

jp (BOB member since 2003-12-08)

I found out about Bob from the Osborne Business Objects book.

Previous searches yielded nothing…I knew that an online presence had to be somewhere out there but I came up with nothing. :wah: Perhaps I was searching feebly because ‘I found Bob’ via Google after registering.

Doug

rdata5 (BOB member since 2004-01-21)

I migrated from the listserv. :slight_smile:

dplbo (BOB member since 2003-04-11)

[Business Objects forum] in Google gets you to BoB.

First two links are to the official french site, 3rd link is to here :slight_smile:

babylon (BOB member since 2003-06-25)

I came to know of BoB via the McGraw Hill book: The Complete Reference: Business Objects, by Cindi Howson.

arun.philip :india: (BOB member since 2004-02-02)

I learned about BOB from a colleague. She was told about it from a BO instructor who taught an Advanced Designer class in Montreal.

Andrew Mitchell :canada: (BOB member since 2003-06-09)

I think it was a google search…either way I am glad I found it. =)
edit: I think I searched for “Business Objects forum”

13lashes (BOB member since 2003-11-19)

Found the site by Gooogle search of Business Objects Forums

DoubleStew :uk: (BOB member since 2003-12-15)

Google Search for - BusinessObjects Universe SDK

went through quite a few sites before hitting this one, am glad I stuck it through :slight_smile:

ers_sg (BOB member since 2004-02-27)

I learned about BOB at the International Conference.

smarlowe (BOB member since 2004-03-04)

I was impressed this week…I was at a potential client and I was asked if there were any forums…I mentioned that we should go to www.busobj.forumtopics.com …they said “OH! You mean BOB!!!” I was thrilled to find out that when they were getting references from other BO customers that they said they couldn’t live without BOB!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

I heard it from my friend and am glad to know about this forum.

dbkar :india: (BOB member since 2003-11-10)

I used a Google search looking for help with BO. This site was in the results.

campbjj (BOB member since 2003-08-20)

A search engin sent me to bob, it was google.co.uk - it was near the top of the list and was what I was looking for.

Alison_tonner (BOB member since 2004-03-09)

Hi

I learned about BOB while doing a search on google for business objects help and came across it… and really pleased i have as its provided me with so much help and info. And this is before ive haad the confidence to post questions …

Thanks so much everyone :smiley:

davenz :uk: (BOB member since 2003-12-12)

Bump! There are over 5000 of us now but hardly anyone has voted. Come on, come on you know you want to… :wink:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I found BOB via a GOOGLE search, trying to find out how to set up the Services user for Win2K… and SERVCONF etc.,etc.

Just keep on posting the Good Stuff :smiley:

G.E.Davies :uk: (BOB member since 2003-01-20)