BusinessObjects Board

Error Message: "Internal Problem"

I had an error message I couldn’t seem to resolve so I uninstalled and reinstalled Infowarehouse. Now after I am prompted to put in my userid and password I get an error message that reads: “Internal Problem”. Can anyone help me? Thanks

UnivarHB (BOB member since 2004-10-14)

Welcome to BOB! :mrgreen: Did you post in our poll? :wink:
I’m not familiar with Infowarehouse - what is it?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Information Warehouse is Business Objects software for creating reports and tables from databases.

Are you sure you aren’t getting confused with SAP Business Information Warehouse? To create reports (with tables) from databases using BusinessObjects, one would typically use the Designer tool to put a universe in place then the Reporter tool to create the desired reports.

I don’t see anything about SAP. Installed software is Business Objects 5.0.

Okay good, we’ll forget about Information Warehouse. So you’re trying to sign in to the module where you’d normally create reports etc. When the splash screen comes up which says BusinessObjects 5i etc, what version is displayed in the bottom right hand corner. What was the original error message you had that caused you to go for a reinstall?

To be honest, it sounds like the install has just got a bit too much messed up. It’s only IMO, but I’d deinstall the software using the setup program. Then make sure the registry is completely empty of references to BO. Then go for a new install, checking to see if you get any errors or warnings along the way and making sure that when you check the middleware at the end of the install, everything is okay.

Version is 5.1.4
The original error message was SBO0009 Cannot access the connection driver.

Right. I thought this might be middleware/data access kind of issue. What database does your BusinessObjects repository sit on? Did BO ever work on this PC? Do you have access to modules like Designer or Supervisor - if so can you try signing on to them, just to check you have the same problem? Did you generate the .key file yourself or do you have a shared one?

If you run Setup and look under Desktop products then the Products and Modules box, what do you have ticked under the Data Access Packs folder? Can you find a file called chkmidw.txt anywhere on your PC? What does it say?

Until yesterday BO did run ok on this pc. I do not have that txt file. I don’t have designer or supervisor. How can I find the location of the database?
I believe the .key file is shared. I can check on another pc if you can tell me where to check.
Thanks for your help.

I think the correct course of action would be to remove the software but I can only do that manually since the uninstall option on control panel only puts me into the setup option with no uninstall. I can do a registry search for everything with BO in it and delete all them. I also tried reinstalling Oracle Client but that made no difference.