BusinessObjects Board

How to set oracle session parameters ?

I have a report that has a rather complex and long winding query to retrieve data from a Oracle database (Just moved to v9.2). With this move, query is taking too long to complete and the DBAs suggested setting the session parameter STAR_TRANSFORMATION = FALSE.

Question: How do we set this parameter in BO ? I do see the custom tab has some options, but it doesnt quite provide for adding new parameters. You can only set values for already available parameters. Is that right ? Or Am I missing something ?

Also the above is possible only for free-hand sql statements… What if I want to set session parameters for sqls From Universes ?

Thanks a bunch for your inputs.

Ram

ramkrish (BOB member since 2004-08-04)

Welcome to BOB! :mrgreen: Did you post in our poll? :wink:

I’ve moved this topic to the General Discussion forum. If it’s just one problem report, then you don’t have to worry about universe questions? I don’t know how you do this, whether its just an ALTER SESSION command, I don’t think BO is really the tool to do this. I wonder if your dba can set a session based upon the user who signs in?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks… You can say I am a newbie to BO. right ? :))

We explored the DBA setting it for users option, but we have too many users running too many reports; and we wanted only this report execution to have this parameter.

does that make sense ? Seeing all the values in the Custom makes that the ideal place to add more (once i figure out how to)

Ram.

ramkrish (BOB member since 2004-08-04)