BusinessObjects Board

Weird formatting with publication to mHTML

So we’re trying to schedule a web-i report to the body of an email using publication and mHTML. Problem is the formatting is off when the email is generated.

We have two sections of the report. the top section is a summary and the bottom section has details. In the email it’s putting the details on top and summary on the bottom.

Also it’s creating borders on certain cells/rows that don’t have borders when viewed in InfoView or PDF format.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mikebowen :us: (BOB member since 2010-08-10)

Apparently it’s just when viewing in Outlook…I have viewed it on my Android phone and our web based Outlook and it appears correctly.

Has anyone else ever seen this behavior in Outlook before?

mikebowen :us: (BOB member since 2010-08-10)

I believe this is an issue with Outlook 2007 or greater; from this version they started using the MS Word HTML rendering engine, which causes the display irregularities. If you open the email in Outlook 2003 it should display “properly”. Not sure about other clients (Thunderbird, Eudora)

http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3827096/Microsoft+to+Keep+Word+as+Outlooks+HTML+Engine.htm

HTH

mcnelson :uk: (BOB member since 2008-10-09)

I’m having the same problem in gmail and in the Novell Groupwise web client. I need to fix this because most of our users read their email on the internet. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem is?

sandman_max (BOB member since 2012-03-06)

I did discover the problem. When you embed a Web-I report in email, it creates the report by following the Map-Structure for the Report Body. If you add new items to your report, they are listed at the bottom of the Map Structure list and then appear at the bottom of the email (at least on some mail clients). What fixes this is the Order button (or context-menu option in the Map Structure list - right-click on one of the objects). You’ve got 4 options - Send to Back puts the item at the top of the list, Send Backward moves it up one row. Bring Forward moves thing down on the list, Bring to Front puts it at the very bottom. So you just need to move the objects on the Map Structure list until they’re in the order they should appear on the report.

By the way, the header is not embedded so everything needs to be in the Report Body. We’re running XI 3.1

sandman_max (BOB member since 2012-03-06)

Excellent! You solved my issues with this @~!!^ MHTML output format! :+1:

Btw: the MHTML version in Outlook shows a black frame around each object. I need to “retouch” the frame using the color white for it to disappear in the Outlook view. Any other workarounds are welcomed.

MondiaMediaAdmin (BOB member since 2012-04-23)

hi,

I read about the explanation for formatting but could not get my report formatted in email using sendback/front etc options. Still blocks are not properly sequenced and block labels are not coming properly.

I want to display as per below order:
a) Summary-1 label
b) Summary block
c) Summary-2 label
d) Summary-2 block

I right click (a) and set order as ‘send to back’. (b)-send backwards, ©-send backwards and (d) - bring to front.

After above settings, still its coming as (b), (d), (a), ©.

Pls help.

Regards

Rajiv1107 (BOB member since 2007-01-25)

Hi all,

Please update as we need to send reports as:
Header-1
Summary-1

Header-2
Summary-2

and so on.

But when we schedule the same it appears as:

Summary-1
Header-1
Header-2
Summary-2

We have done relative positioning and set the properties like ‘sent to back’ etc, but still formatting get disrupted.

Pls suggest!!!

Rajiv1107 (BOB member since 2007-01-25)

Hi ,

We can get the order of blocks by
create a new tab
paste the blocks in order in the new tab from old
deleted old tab and use the new one.

bosateesh (BOB member since 2011-09-15)

I know this is an old question, but I am trying to figure out how to remove the black frame around each object in the email. Or even if I can change the color to white? Does anyone know how this can be done?

Shivani Bhagaloo (BOB member since 2017-04-26)

Adjust the Border color for each cell. First use the single black line and apply on all sides, then change the color to white. It will look like the border disappears and then in mHTML content in the email the black border will disappear.

PGO_AIM :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-10)