BusinessObjects Board

user privilege

Hi all.

We are using BO 6.1b version. When i assign the privelege as user , i see the 'create documents' privelege disappearing in the webi.

But in 5.1 for a user 'create document' option is available for a user.

Can any tell me what should i do to enable the option ‘create documents’ in webi.

Regards
Shuja

shuja (BOB member since 2004-08-13)

Depends on how you did setup your group/user structure and related command restrictions in supervisor, but in general you have to enable the ‘Create Documents’ command restriction located in the "Query and Webpanel’ group for the WebIntelligence module for the specified user.

-Johan

waardj (BOB member since 2004-08-03)

By default the “create documents” option is turned off for Webi. Essentially it is shipped in Infoview mode, meaning users can view reports but not create or edit them. In order to grant the ability to create documents you must grant (activate) this option at the very top level of your group hierarchy.

You can test to see if it is a license issue by logging in as general supervisor. If the GS account cannot create documents either then there is an issue with your key file and you would need to take that up with Business Objects.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi.

As a general supervisor iam able to see 'create documents' option in webi.

Regards
Shuja

Thanks for the info.Let me try the same and will let you know.

Regards
Shuja

Hi.

Thanks.I am able to see ‘create documents’ now.

But now i have a different problem.I have created a user .I checked it in thick client ,it works fine.But the same does not work in webi, it is taking time .i.e after approximately 5 mins i am able to log in with the same user.

Why is it taking time in webi.?

We are using 6.1b version and our repository is in Oracle.

Any suggestions.

Regards
Shuja

WebI v6.x keeps a login cache that by default is refreshed only every 10 minutes. You can change the refresh interval through the WebI admin tool.

See also this post

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi.

many thanks.

Regards
Shuja

Hi,

I have all option enabled under this, however i was not able to edit the reports. what should be the potential cause.?

Regards,
Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)