BusinessObjects Board

Unable to open Full Client report in WebI

I created a report in Full client,saved it for all users and published to Corporate documents.
I then logged in to WebI with the same user id, which was used to create the report in full client, and tried to open the report.
The report has one prompt for user input.

It gave me follwing error.
BusinessObjects server process raised an automation exception. (Error: BOMGR 0060) IDispatch error #130 Unable to open this document, not authorised.

1. Do I need to set some settings in supervisor?
  2. If the full client report has prompts and LOVs in it, how does it behave in WebI? Can we refresh the Full client report with prompts and LOVs in WebI?

mkumar (BOB member since 2002-08-26)

I wonder if your problem still exists. My guess would have been that it was a security cache issue on the web server.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

I think you are right. The report is coming up fine now.

But I could not figure out the solution for this. Do I need to log out and log in again to webI to see the report or is it just a matter of time till web server cleans the cache or is it some thing else :?:

Thanks,
Manish

Glad it is working. V6 caches user permissions for a period of time that you set at the server level I think. I’m sure it is well documented exactly where that option lives. I’m not familiar with it except from what I’ve read here on BOB :mrgreen: . Perhaps someone will chime in or you can try a search .

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Try logging out, closing your browser, and logging back in.

jimjake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

To amend my reply -
Do you have Supervisor open when you’re receiving this message? I’ve found that when I close Supervisor, log out of Infoview, and log back into Infoview, the problem goes away.

jimjake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

When using the Login cache you can force a refresh by logging on the the admin tool, click on login server, then the refresh button.

This will cause the system to go to the repository and refresh the cache.

While you are there look at the Last refresh duration. Change the refresh period to a low number if you are changing the security frequently. I have mine set at 30 seconds for right now. This helps keep the cache “fresh” while you try things out. For production I might move this to 2 to 3 minutes.

tenather :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

jimjake wrote:
Do you have Supervisor open when you’re receiving this message?

I don’t have supervisor rights So can’t open even by mistake :wink:

I found out that my security settings were changed a day back I tried to refresh the report. So the problem was in cache of server. We have changed the refresh period to avoid recurrance of problem.

I’m getting the following error when refreshing a full client report in infoview:
Automation exception BusinessObjects server process raised an automation exception. (Error: BOMGR 0060) IDispatch error #40 No rights, cannot refresh document

I’m farily sure that this has to do with the security related to the groups, because I had it working, and now it is not. I can’t figure out which piece is interfering with the users trying to refresh reports. General Supervisor can refresh without a problem.

I guess that my real question is how do the permissions propagate down through the groups? I had a handle on all this, and now I’ve been playing with it so much, I don’t know which way is up. Here’s what I’m working with.
Example of layout:
Company Group - no users in this group accept for Gen Sups
[list]All Users - all users, versatile profile, all products disabled
Universe1 - no users, all products disabled
[list]Full Client - FC users, user profile, only BO enabled
Infoview - info users, versatile profile, only webi enabled
Webi - webi users, versatile profile, only webi enabled [/list]
Universe2 - [/list]
etc, etc.

If I have the ‘company’ group, the ‘all user’ group, and ‘universe1’ group all set to default permissions for webi, even though it is disabled, could that be affecting the ability of the users in the ‘infoview’ and ‘webi’ groups to not be able to refresh?

Hope this is understandable… I’m confusing myself all over again.

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

Jesse Mauser :us: (BOB member since 2003-04-03)