BusinessObjects Board

SAP BI Repository Documentor - SAP BI BusObj 4

Hi,

BO BI 4.1 SP5 + Excel 2007 or Excel 2013

I only remove Excel too and … it works like a charm! :mrgreen:

NB: Don’t forget to uncheck missing librairies (ALT+F11 > Tools > References). :wave:

Gôm

Hi Sushir,

After the latest update to Windows and Microsoft Excel, I am getting an error that I cannot figure out how to fix. Any thoughts?
Here is the error:

Run-time error ‘-2147417848 (80010108)’

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Thanks,
Jim

Shifty :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-29)

Hello everybody,

Using SAP Repository Documentor 9.0 , BO 4.1 SP6, Office 2010

Auth mode = winAD

Still getting CrystalEnterprise14.FW_InfoObject.1 - - 2147210694: 1000440

Can somebody help me out ? Which libraries have to be disabled ?

A working file would be the greatest!!!

Many thx in advance!!

bobnoob (BOB member since 2010-09-16)

Big thanks to those who have worked on this utility, its come out really handy for us…
A question, this is pulling up a list of all the reports uses particular universe. Is it possible to extend that functionality to include the objects/filters in the report as well. Looks like its doing most of the work already by pulling the lineage between universe to reports so would be really beneficial to add the objects information as well.

regards
Santosh Gowda

santappi (BOB member since 2014-11-19)

The repository document has been very useful thanks :smiley:

Would it be easy to add more connection details like;
Database Source
Connection ID

I have downloaded the “Universe Connection – XI.xls” file which would give me that information but sadly that doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks

drew32 (BOB member since 2015-12-18)

I, too, get this error on a Windows 7 machine running Office 2013 against BI 4.1 SP7

On a Windows 10 machine running both Office 2007 and Office 2013 against the same BI 4.1 SP7 server, it runs perfectly (in either version of Excel).

rhinok :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-15)

First of all, thanks for providing such nice tool, which really helps.

I’m able to run the report successfully on XI4.1 SP7 with Excel2010. But not everytime, sometimes only universes data got collected while no documents data, which is pretty confusing.

And, I got the following error message on our production server, which is XI4.0 SP7 for each run, and it only collects universes information eventually.

CrystalEnterprise14.FW_Properties.1 – 2147210697: Item2 was not found in the collection.1000440.

We turn off Crystal report services, only need Webi.

Any clue? Thanks very much!

jian.qin (BOB member since 2016-03-02)

OK, I find some clue. Seems if I don’t specify the time range in the configuration panel, it will include the documents data collection.

Again, this is a super tool!

[quote:5da257d574=“jian.qin”]First of all, thanks for providing such nice tool, which really helps.

I’m able to run the report successfully on XI4.1 SP7 with Excel2010. But not everytime, sometimes only universes data got collected while no documents data, which is pretty confusing.

And, I got the following error message on our production server, which is XI4.0 SP7 for each run, and it only collects universes information eventually.

CrystalEnterprise14.FW_Properties.1 – 2147210697: Item2 was not found in the collection.1000440.

We turn off Crystal report services, only need Webi.

Any clue? Thanks very much!
[/quote]

jian.qin (BOB member since 2016-03-02)

HI Fredie,
I had the same problem I am running Excel 2013 on my machine, but overcame by modifying the code in Modules. To do this go to view code mode and extend Modules folder, Right click BO Module > view code and replaced all 3 codes which states "kernal32 " to “kernel64”, It started to populate all the document information.

Regards
Jega :slight_smile:

Jegades (BOB member since 2005-08-23)

I’m on 4.1 SP5 with Office Professional Plus 2010.

I am able to use this as long as I don’t try to use the date fields in the configuration. Any values in there, and no results return.

I have an enormous BOE system, so this limitation is a bit of a problem. If a parameter for Top Level Folder were available, that would help.

Still a huge Thanks to the developer. (and my sys-admin for temporarily giving me God rights in production… )

-S

Seagrass (BOB member since 2014-11-18)

Hi all,

Did anyone encountered that the excel returns data on the universes tab, but not on the documents tab?

I’ve ran it on 2 different machines, on the first one it works fine, on the second it works only for universes…

What could be the problem?
There’re no errors, the ODBC seems to be ok (related?), the references in the VBA are just the same as on the first machine… Just null data returned.

BO 4.1, SP5 Patch 5. One server.

Will be grateful for any advice.

Thank you,
Anastasia

anastasia.isaev (BOB member since 2016-07-12)

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the begin/end date is for on the Document tab?

Thanks
Claire

Claire Everitt :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-03)

I have been using this for a few years but recently (earlier this year) it stopped working. I have downloaded it again but it still isn’t working so clearly something on my machine!

It stops on Dim SessionManager, Sess as SessionMgr and says compile error cant find project or library. I believe it may be a DLL for SessionManager - but I do not know what its called so I can see if its actually missing.

Can anyone give me a pointer please where I should look??

spmp007@me.com (BOB member since 2016-09-21)

Hello,
I have been using this SDK for a while and it has been very helpful.I’m trying to run “SAP BI Repository Documentor - SAP BI BusObj 4” ,it runs for a while pulling some data and errors out.Any idea on how to resolve this error.

VBAProject - 1004 : Application -defined or object defined error 1000095

karen (BOB member since 2003-06-18)

Hi Sushir Patel
Great tool. Everything is working as expected in both 3.1 and 4.x
But macro is processing only for about 100K objects(records) and displaying 65K records only. Is there anyway we can make it unlimited? As you know that there is no restriction in MS Excel 2010.

Philip (BOB member since 2006-03-02)

Philip,

Save the SAP BI Repository Documentor.xls as a macro enabled document (xlsm) and try that. xls’s are restricted to 64k rows.

Sushir

Sushir Patel :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-19)

Hi Sushir,
Thank you so much for your reply. I did but it is displaying around 100K rows only. As you know that when data is processing, once you hit the Extract Data button, the processing a small window is showing max rows count 109688 even though I have entered my limit 250,000 rows in selection criteria box. How to make it unlimited…?

Still works on BI 4.2 SP2 :slight_smile:

There 1 minor bug I think
In function Function getRepUniDetails() you have:

InStr(1, “‘Reports’,‘Webi’,‘FullClient’”, DocRng(i, 5)) > 0

Should be:
InStr(1, “‘Reports’,‘Webi’,‘FullClient’”, DocRng(i, 6)) > 0

I also need to remove the error handling to make it work. Based on the details that I saw, I had an error due to firewall restrictions. Message in Infostore like described here: https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3342398

fta :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-11-16)

Hi fta.
I have updated Function getRepUniDetails() code as below but still it is not working.
Old:
InStr(1, “‘Reports’,‘Webi’,‘FullClient’”, DocRng(i, 5)) > 0

New:
InStr(1, “‘Reports’,‘Webi’,‘FullClient’”, DocRng(i, 6)) > 0

I have entered 250000 number in Document Record Count cell in Selection Criteria box but processing document number is showing 96417 in process bar.
My question is why it is not showing 250000?

Hi,

For this you need to now queries on the repository are working. See https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Query+Builder

When I select all the options, this is the query that is generated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Jp5knwmWsLMG16TXNjQnl1WGs/view?usp=sharing

Having said this, since SP3 you might have an other option:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Unlock+the+CMS+database+with+new+data+access+driver+for+BI+4.2+SP3

Foad

fta :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-11-16)