BusinessObjects Board

Convert .rep to various formats

This is in continuation to this thread…
The add-in allows you convert .rep files to txt, xls and pdf files. It also lets you choose which tab you want to export and much more. We have tested the add-in in WinXP and Win2K. If you have any suggestions or questions please post them in this thread.
You can download the final add-in here.

avaksi :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

I want to deploy this addin for each Business Objects User.
My environment is Citrix XPe with BO 5.1.6. How can I make it available to all users without asking each user to map it manually from shared drive?

Any ideas?

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

If the add-in is located on a shared drive then you can use this method to distribute it to all users. You still have to email the registry settings (.reg file) to everybody but they just have to double-click it…

Hi Avaksi,

Just now I used “conversions” on one of my reports to export it into Xls. My report is having more than 65,536 lines and the “conversions” exported only 65,536 rows. Is there any way that I can create another worksheet in xls and export the remaining rows?

I know xls has a limit of 65,536 rows. But, Can you Please do something about it?

I encountered the same problem before… but at that time instead of getting the total year data into one Tab page, I’ve split them into 12 tab pages each catered to a month’s data. This time, the data provider is a Stored Procedure and I don’t have access to it!!

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Amara :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

Ravi
I am sorry but I have not coded for that situation yet. I will certainly try to get to it over the weekend. In the meantime you can search the archives. I think Dave and digpen had insights on this issue some time back… look here

I have installed the conversions.rea as an add-in, but when clicking on the menu command I receive a ‘Run-time error 13’ ‘Type mismatch’.

On de-bugging it points to the Sub frmOpen() frmConversion.Show

I haven’t changed anything from the original attachment and everything appears to be okay - can anyone help me resolve this

Thanks

schallin (BOB member since 2003-01-29)

schallin

Sorry for the late reply. Were you able to resolve this issue?
If not then please post your BO version, OS and other relevant information.

Thanks for replying…

My BO version is 5.1.4 and I am running Win2k, Service Pk 2.

I hope that helps? Thanks

schallin (BOB member since 2003-01-29)

This Add-In sounds great. I haven’t tried using it yet. We do not use Full Clients (except on my machine). How do we make this avaliable to our ZABO users. Can I install this on the server to be downloaded with ZABO, or just manually email the add-in to all users (1000+). Or is there a way of distributing it with certain reports only (which would be awesome, for me).

BO_User (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

You can hack the code and incude what you need in the document that needs this functionality. However, its easier to let people install the add-in once and then they have this for all documents. You could export it to the repository and the users can then download and install it from there.

Also, Reema had started a post some time back on various ways of distributing an add-in. Please search for that…

Please be careful if using this in production environments as you might have a variety of environments and this has only been tested in a couple.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone was able to get the conversions.rea? I am not able to get to the link. Anyone willing to share the add-in/experiences?

Thanks,

Todd

ToddGustafson :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-17)

There is a better link here.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)