BusinessObjects Board

A great PDF Add-Ins (need 1 more Button)

This would be a great feature! Will it work for ZABO users? :cheers:

David Piet (BOB member since 2002-10-01)

Hi Oliver,

Is Browse to directory working? I am using your add-on and it’s great!
Previously, I was looking for a macro for creating PDF files for each report tab page. Now, this served more than what i need…

Thanks again,

Ravi Amara :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

I have the browse working on the add-in but need to add some error routines. Will post it tonite or tomorrow morning…

How do u upload Add-Ins to the Forum??

avaksi :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

Send it to Dave…

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

or, Not an easy solution :smiley:

register for a free web page with some username ‘XXX’ at

Zip the file(PDF.zip) and upload it into the account.

And, gave us the link…

Hope this is OK at BOB…

Ravi Amara :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

More specifically, please send it to busobj@forumtopics.com. That’s the email address for Bob. :bob:

In your email, please reference this topic, provide a brief readme, and any other appropriate information that you would like to have posted. Thanks for sharing! That’s what makes this forum so awesome. 8)

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Sure, it’s fine. But if we can post it here, we’re happy to do so. That way everything is in one place. :wink:

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Avaski

Did you include the Browse button and the error handling?

Did you manage to upload it to Bob?

Miguel Varela (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Yes, Olivier helped me with that but I am yet to add the error routines. I am mailing the add-in to BOB and will add the relevant routines once Bobbers test it and find issues… :lol:

Olivier and I tested it on Windows 2000, Windows XP. Also you will need Excel on the PC if you wish to use the Add-in to its full potential…

Hello,
due to the collaboration work with Avaksi we have been able to transform the Add-Ins not only to export PDF but also XLS and TXT … and I finaly found how to Browse to the directory :yesnod: .
Avaksi is now looking at the final version foir error trapping and we will post it as soon as ready.
So you just have to wait a little bit now :stuck_out_tongue: ; it’s coming your way !

I will put a link where you’ll be able to download it !

Cheers!

Olivier

OlivierV (BOB member since 2002-10-15)

I have received some e-mails from people interested in testing the add-in :yesnod: . I have emailed the file to BOB and hopefully it will be uploaded to the samples section in the near future.

Olivier, in the meantime is it possible for you to upload athe file and post a link similar to what you did with the original Add-In. I have not made any changes after our last exchange. Appreciate your help in this…

This SaveAs add-in would be extremely useful for my current client BUT for the fact we are using UNIX.

The last few projects I have worked on have used UNIX servers, so automation with VBA is not an option. Can Full Client add-ins be created in JAVA?

I have clients that developed JAVA programs to manipulate filenames, publishing, etc. outside of BO Full Client. Anyone need help with this?

Dr.Disc :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Please elaborate as Full Client does not exist for UNIX…

You cannot create Add-ins in JAVA but you can pretty much do everything it does in different ways if your WebI is on UNIX.

Our servers are UNIX, so VBA scripts cannot be used to process reports on BCAs.

Can VBA add-ins run on NT and XP clients if servers are UNIX?

I am not clear where the dividing line is on what runs on the client vs what runs on the server.

Thanks

Dr.Disc :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

[quote:546da9f1d5=“Dr.Disc”]Can VBA add-ins run on NT and XP clients if servers are UNIX?
[/quote]

Yes, they can… VBA is a client thing and has nothing to do with the servers as long as the report is being processed on the client.
But you are out of luck with your BCA if that is on UNIX.

Olivier,
Have you posted the updated link yet…
I am looking firward to test it.

Merci.

Olivier Masse :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

[quote:d0117ebcc2=“Dr.Disc”]Our servers are UNIX, so VBA scripts cannot be used to process reports on BCAs.
Can VBA add-ins run on NT and XP clients if servers are UNIX?
[/quote]

You could always create a Windows based BCA solely for the purpose of scheduling BO Documents with VBA macros.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Olivier

I posted it here

Happy Holidays!!

When you export a complete document to a single PDF file, by default all of the bookmarks are expanded in the PDF. Is it possible through VBA to force them to be closed, so that only the top level bookmarks are shown when the PDF file is first opened?

Thanks
Darren

daz1701d :uk: (BOB member since 2003-01-15)

Hello,

I found the PDF.rea add-in very useful. However, sometimes I need to send only selected reports in a document with PDF format to different people. Therefore, I added another subroutine, PrintSelectedPdfs, in the PrintPDF module. Also, I have added a EamilPDFs module to send the “saved-selected-PDFs” document to users via e-mail. Therefore, I have modified the looks of FormPDF quite a bit, just for my own convenience.

Terence Lo
Orange County, CA

tyltyl (BOB member since 2003-03-28)