BusinessObjects Board

Command restrictions

I would like to create a report on the command restrictions set in supervisor for either individules or groups. I can get to the OBJ_M_RESLINK table with restype = 7, but I am stuck there. Does anyone have the SQL for this? Am I even on the right track?

I do have a copy of a repository universe for Sybase that appears to deal with this, but I have been unable to follow the specifics.

Thanks,

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I’d seriously just download that thing I’ve mentioned that is in the KX. It is perfect for what you’re trying to do. :yesnod:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed. :smiley: It did take me a little time to figure out that it was an Insite though. :crazy_face:

Since this is just a QA report for me, I just used the included XLS and linked it at report level instead of having our DBA create the tables and views. I may do that at a later date.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Be sure and scroll down through the comments and get my updates. I think I put a report in there that you’re welcome to use :mrsbob: but I also included some corrections to the reference data. It was missing some stuff to give you all those nested permissions like the ones under ‘Analysis/Work in Drill Mode’ and also some corrections to spelling issues that separated stuff that belonged together…at least that’s what I recall anyway…

I have gone to the KX and tried to find Cindy’s Insight on her updates to a security universe and documents for reporting on command restrictions from the repository.

I have looked at all the Insight tabs and done her suggested search on “Repository Security” but that is unsuccessful - it filters to 2200 messages.

Does anyone know how to access this download on the KX?
Thanks

Irwin Miller :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

Well it isn’t my insight exactly, I just advertise it :wink: We’ve chatted about putting it in here. Oh to have all the time in the world to do all the things I’d like to do.

Here are a bit more detailed instructions. Try doing a search on posts by me with the words ‘repository’ and ‘security’ for a better step by step. HTH!

Hi,

Found the KX and have used it. Excellent stuff! :smiley:

To further narrow down the items returned search for items posted in July 2001. The title of the KX is “Creating An Easy-To-Use Universe On The Repository Security”.

Also - don’t forget Cindy’s comments including a modified version of the insert into one of the tables and her report.

Michael Abelha :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

I need to create a report that list all users and groups with their individual command restrictions. Is there any SQL out there that will do this. The few examples I’ve come across do not run in Navigator nor B/O. I get SQL commend error for both. Any help you can get is appreciated-pf :roll_eyes:

Pennyshoe :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-04)

Have you tried the information here in BOB’s Downloads? Warning that the ID’s used to internally identify command restrictions appear to have changed in 6.5.1. I have a list, but haven’t had time to convert it to equivalent SQL like in Cindy’s referenced download. I can attach the list if you need it.

I’ve thought of recreating that universe using the “derived table” feature of v6.5, so that none of the tables / views would be needed (no DBA needed). Yet another “haven’t gotten to it yet” project though {sigh}.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks for the link to the downloads. New user and wasn’t sure how to get there - it worked great!-pf :smiley:

Pennyshoe :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-04)