BusinessObjects Board

Read a Profile

How to read the default profile? Based on each module?
Am I clear with my question?

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Amara :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

Hi Ravi…

Not clear about ur question??

Cheers,
Vijay

vijaykollu :us: (BOB member since 2003-05-08)

Hi, Ravi;

Are you trying to see all the permissions given by default to a new user, for each of the six profiles?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi Vijay,

Let us say, I’ve created a User and gave him the default profile. I want to see what are all the options (for BO module) the default profile is having! I can see those options by selecting Business Objects in configuration panel. But, like the profile in Webi, it should store the profile in a text? file. so, I am looking for that!!

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Amara :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

A person’s security settings are dowloaded to their workstation in the form of a .lsi file (Usually called BOMain.lsi). However, this file is encrypted, so you can’t open it up in Notepad and expect to read it.

The only way I know of is to look in the Cammand Restrictions box in Supervisor, but that’s probably not what you’re looking for. :nonod:

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

You can create reports off of the command restrictions. Cindy Clayton pointed me in the right direction just yesterday. See this Command restrictions

I took some shortcuts to get just what I needed, but it looks like everything you would need is there.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)