BusinessObjects Board

Detect applied "predefined setting" or command res

:mrgreen: Hi all :mrgreen: ,

I would like to get in a BO report the number of units (licenses) allocated per user. Basically, what is done is that the full blown stuff is installed on each user’s PC, and we manage the licenses and access rights via Supervisor.

I have created a “Reporter” predefined setting for BO (that I created), and I also use the existing one “Infoview” for Webi.

My final goal is to get in a BO report the number of units per user. For instance, a user having the profile “Reporter” (which means he has access to Reader + Reporter) will have 2 units.

:arrow_forward: Explaining the problem this way, the question becomes: where can I find in the repository the predefined settings and/or command restrictions applied to each user :confused: ? If I can access these info, I then can deduce the number of units :!:

Pierre :luxembourg: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

:lol: Oups, sorry, it is in the OBJ_M_RESLINK table :oops: . Just that simple.

Well, the way the table OBJ_M_RESLINK works is not clear to me. :roll_eyes:
To get info on security commands, the type must be equal to 7.
And it looks like the column M_RES_N_RESID stands for the security commands. But it’s a numeric field, with no lookup table.

Can someone explain to me how I can clearly identify the security commands in this table please ? :confused:

There is an insight in the KX that will help you. In their natural language search box :roll_eyes: , type ‘repository security’. Look for the insights that pop up. Be sure and read through the comments and look for some updates that I posted…corrections to some of the command names. The ‘Download Zabo’ command is missing. If you pin that down please post back. It is on my todo list.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Could you please give me a link on this ? I don’t even know what KX is … :roll_eyes:

http://www.techsupport.businessobjects.com/Kx/KxHome.asp

Its BO’s version of Bob and needless to say is not in the same league. :cheers: Does have some good stuff on occasionally though!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

On the freeware directory on the BusObj cdrom you will find a series of HTML files that document the tables. My version has a listing (incomplete, however) of the security commands.

The KX is short for “Knowledge Exchange”. Until recently you had to have a tech support contract to be able to use that resource; they recently opened it up to anyone with an email address.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I have this too but the id number they give in this list do absolutley not correspond to the ones that really are in the table.

For instance I can find in the help file:

3 Documents Create documents 
6 Documents Save documents 
7 Documents Print documents 

But in my test, I get 581 for the “Create documents” command for a given user, and 667 for THE SAME COMMAND for another user … :crazy_face:

I tested it by putting all the commands to ENABLED and only this one to HIDDEN, so I am sure I point to the right one.

So it looks like from one user to another, the id is not the same. I know, this sounds completely unbelievable … :blue:

Hum ? Strange … When I click on the URL Nick gave (http://www.techsupport.businessobjects.com/Kx/KxHome.asp), I get prompted for my login & passwd.

Is this the correct URL ?

Use www.techsupport.businessobjects.com instead. There is a new “free registration” link that you can use to set up an account.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Cindy, I had a lookup at the KX. It looks like to get what I want, I have to create additional views (taking into account your corrections) in the repository … I must check with my boss, but I’m not sure they will be OK for modifying the repo .

BTW: Bo says when you touch the repository, you can forget the support. But what if you do not touch what is existing but just add views (in our case) ?

Try this code for ZABO

/* These are the ZABO users
No accesses have been assigned to a group.
Used distinct since the user may be in more than one group
If the user is a member of more than one group, he has
been granted ZABO in all the groups.*/
SELECT 
   DISTINCT(actor2.m_actor_c_name) account_name
FROM
   obj_m_actor actor2
   ,obj_m_reslink
   ,obj_m_actorlink
WHERE obj_m_reslink.m_res_n_actlinkid = obj_m_actorlink.m_actl_n_id
   AND obj_m_actorlink.m_actl_n_actorid = m_actor_n_id
   AND obj_m_reslink.m_res_n_lat != 1 /*not deleted */
   AND obj_m_reslink.m_res_n_restype = 7  /*not a foreign key(security command)*/
   AND obj_m_reslink.m_res_n_status = 1  /*enabled */
   AND obj_m_reslink.m_res_n_resid = 1025
   AND actor2.m_actor_n_type = 16 /*user not group */

Karen Burton :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

It isn’t modifying the repo :nonod: ! Like you said…all you’re doing is creating some views and an additional table. If you’re really strict, create the table in an entirely new schema but I think that is overkill. You really have GOT to use that insight. I love it. I’d hate to see you pass on it for the wrong reasons! :yesnod: Besides, it is in THEIR KX and was posted by one of THEIR employees :yesnod: . I suppose it is that old ‘SURE you can do that if you modify the wis files…here’s how to do it…oh BTW, you’re unsupported’ :roll_eyes: . This situation is entirely different as well!

Thanks Karen. I’ll take a look at this tomorrow and see if I can use it to determine how to get a record in the table that holds commands and their descriptions.