BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Excel Export

Hello everybody,

What has to be changed in the macro, if you get the “Failure in UsersGroups()”-error message.

CrystalEnterprise14.SessionMgr.1 - … FWB 00008

Can you post your workarounds to fix that?

That would be great!

bobnoob (BOB member since 2010-09-16)

Has someone a hint for me? That would be great :wink:

bobnoob (BOB member since 2010-09-16)

HI Julien,

When running the macro we are getting the error “vba project 429 activex component can’t create object 1000429” i changed the code to Set sessionmanager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1”)

we are on XI3.1 Sp6 but still getting the same error. Could you please help on this. Is there anything else i need to change in the code?

Regards,
Venkat

venkat_dasari (BOB member since 2015-08-14)

I have been using the Macros successfully over the past years from a 32 bit PC. I haven’t got it to work from a 64 bit PC, any idea?

I get the “VBAProject - 429: ActiveX component can’t create object 1000429” Error from a 64 bit PC.

Business Objects Client Tool is installed. I have tried to register the dlls as well. Tried changing the code as below but no luck.

Set SessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”)

To:
Set sessionmanager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1”) OR Set SessionManager = New SessionMgr

Issue is not VBA Macro specific. Thank you in advance for your suggestions / inputs.

Mingthingla Keishing (BOB member since 2013-11-08)

Hey-

I know this is an old thread but were you able to find a resolution for this issue.
Code works fine on 32 Bit windows but fails on 64 Bit windows 10.

Any ideas are appreciated

Code fails with the exact error message as above thread.

Manasi (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Anyone?

kaaoic001 (BOB member since 2016-05-31)

What is the exact problem you’re having? I just ran this on Win7 with BI4.2 SP06 Patch 4 installed. I replaced the missing libraries with:

Crystal Enterprise Framework Library 14.0
Crystal Enterprise InfoStore Library 14.0
Crystal Enterprise User PlugIn 12
Crystal Enterprise UserGroup PlugIn 12

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi Joepeters,
Have VBA code in MS Access to extract the list of users from BO 4.1. Code was working fine with Office 2013, but just updated to Office 2016 and now the code is failing.

The error being generated is: 13 - Type mismatch 1000013

The only change was the Office upgrade.

Eh, I probably won’t be of much help to you. What line is it failing on?

Code:
'—Vars for BO Session—
Dim SessionManager As New SessionMgr
Dim esession As EnterpriseSession
Dim iStore As InfoStore

'—Vars for User Info—
Dim BOUsers As InfoObjects
Dim BOUserItem As InfoObject
Dim BOUserObject As User
'Dim BOUserObject As CrystalUserPluginLib.User

'Enterprise Session
Set esession = SessionManager.Logon(Me.tbUserName, Me.tbPassword, Me.cboCMS, Me.cboAuth)

'Infostore instanciation
Set iStore = esession.Service("", "InfoStore")

'--Get User Info
Set BOUsers = iStore.Query("SELECT TOP 1000000 SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS, SI_FORCE_PASSWORD_CHANGE, SI_NAME, SI_ID, SI_USERGROUPS, SI_USERFULLNAME, SI_ALIASES, SI_DESCRIPTION, SI_LASTLOGONTIME, SI_PASSWORDEXPIRE, SI_NAMEDUSER FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS Where SI_KIND='User'")

For Each BOUserItem In BOUsers  'Loop through users

Set BOUserObject = BOUserItem	

The code is now failing on the last line above, setting BOUserObject = BOUserIte

It’s likely that there is another reference that includes a “User” class, and that is being used for your UserObject object.

I noticed you had this line commented out:

'Dim BOUserObject As CrystalUserPluginLib.User 

That would be the correct way to explicitly reference the correct class. If you had that originally and it didn’t compile, then that would indicate that you don’t have the Crystal Enterprise User Plugin 12 library selected in References.

Joe

Did you get this figured out? This is my favorite file and the 64-bit has ruined it!!! :frowning:

giggles7840 (BOB member since 2007-07-13)

Hello,

this macro works with 32/64 bit Windows and 32 bit Office.

SuKA (BOB member since 2018-10-20)

I’m on Win 7 and I get : Failure in UsersGroups() VBAProject - 429: ActiveX components can’t create object 1000429.

Normally with a new BO version I just have to update the missing libraries. I have no idea what might be causing this.

Any help is appreciated!

giggles7840 (BOB member since 2007-07-13)

Did you ever get a response? We have a client still using XI3.1 SP6 and I desperately need a list of users/groups but I’m getting a Compile error: Can’t find project or library.

I’m running this on my laptop (Windows 10, 64-Bit, MS Office 15. I have the client tools as well as CR 2008 installed.

cwade777 (BOB member since 2007-10-31)

Go to VBA Editor.

Click Tools -> References

At the top of the list you will see one or more library names prefixed with “MISSING”. Scroll down in the list to find the library with the same name, and select it.

I am still getting this with BI 4.1 - we want to decommission it and this would make life so much easier. I have no missing dll’s but it is coming up with the CrystalEnterprise14.SessionMgr.1 --217199231 Internal error 100440. I have CE14 selected. I have changed the entries to match. and i am having to remark out some DIM rows which are also failing. Maybe its our version of Excel - Office professional plus 2016

Hello @Batwoman ! Welcome on bobj-board !

I have created this file so long time ago, I don’t have anymore a Microsoft Excel product on my computer today :laughing:. I see that the first post (with the file) is missing I will try to retrieve it.

Do you have selected the right libs ?

Crystal Enterprise Framework Library 14.0
Crystal Enterprise InfoStore Library 14.0
Crystal Enterprise User PlugIn 12
Crystal Enterprise UserGroup PlugIn 12

Thanks !

1 Like

Hiya - yes I do.

It would be great to get this working even though the version of BOBJ is really old

X

Get a look here:

It’s a equivalent but as a web app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let me know if it work for you!