BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Extraction

The link to V4 is in the first post of this topic,

I tried with V3, and I have the same problem, not able to understand where to edit it :roll_eyes:

izak004 :us: (BOB member since 2010-11-10)

Close that window (not the whole VBA editor). Then in the left panel you should see “Forms” folder. Open it and then right click on the fLogin form and select view code. This is the code where you need to replace secEnterprise with secWinAD.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I think somethings wrong with passing the credentials to WinAD.

I logged in with my credentials, the utility tried to validate it and errors out.

"Active Directory Authentication failed to get Active Directory groups for the account with the ID CN:AMA455, OU=USERS, OU=Mis, OU=Accounts " etc.

AMA455 is not my ID and I checked in our users, it seems to be an invalid user. There was a user with this ID and shes not with us anymore.
Wondering why it is trying to authenticate her when I’m providing my credentials.

Same error with V3 and V4 as well :hb:

Any idea?

I don’t know what it could be.

I’ve just tried the modified utility with WIN AD authentication in my environment and it worked just fine.

Maybe something wrong with your WIN AD?

May be… Will try to find a solution and update later.

Thank you for all your help.

-Izak
Have a nice long weekend !

No problem 8)

No long weekend here north of the line :nonod: But you enjoy yours :slight_smile:

Figured it out.

Something was wrong with the User and it was not associated with any group, folder etc. I deleted the user account and it works fine.

The query is running for 9 minutes and I get a time out error now, “CMS Operations timed out after 9 minutes”

Now I need to increase the CMS thread time out to more than 9 minutes as described in another post
:shock:

Hi

Can this be used to get the user group list in BI 4.0 we have this new platform and I don’t see any Macro’s for this BI 4.0

bamagb (BOB member since 2011-09-12)

Thank you so much

bodiscussion (BOB member since 2010-07-11)

Did you ever get this working? I just upgraded to Win7, Office 2010 and now get the same error. My Libraries are all 12.0.

Hoping someone can post back with a solution.

adnohr (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Hello Gurus, I am still getting CrystalEnterprise115.SessionMgr.1 error…
Can someone pls suggets…I have BOXIR3.1SP2

dk_admin (BOB member since 2010-12-21)

hello, can maybe someone help me?

i want use powersheel and write data to DB , and dont use excel file

is it maybe?
can you send code?

Thanks

borisslu (BOB member since 2010-05-20)

Dear all,
I usually use the file BOBI4_UserList_V001.xls in order to extract licences but this year, we changed our laptop (Windows 7 to Windows 10) and it doesn’t work anymore, error message : “Erreur de compilation, projet ou bibliothèque introuvable” and it stops on “DimSessionManager, Sess As SessionMgr”. Does anyone have an idea about what can occur ? Thank you for your help.

HI @Valerie!

13 years later and this little piece of software is still used, it’s amazing ! It rely on BOBJ SDK. Do you have a BOBJ client install (with SDK) on your laptop ?

I don’t have anymore Excel to debug / fix the product (cloud is eating local apps). I am actively thinking on how to share such tools without relying on Excel or heavy BOBJ SDK. Stay tuned :sunglasses: !

Thank you for your answer Julien. It was a very nice but unfortunately it seems that Windows 1O doesn’t like it.
We use BusinessObjects BI 4.2 Support Pack 3 Patch 6 CMC.
Can this give you information?
Thank you so much for your help.
Valérie

I am working to recreate such feature via today’s technology. Give me a day or two :wink:

Your MS Office is 64 or 32 bit version?

Hi @Valerie

I am not able to work again with Excel macro. But I have tested this option, build an equivalent webapp:

http://tools.bobj-board.org/

It’s the same output but it consume directly the REST api of BOBJ. It may work on all BI4.2 setups. Can you give a test ?

Here is a screenshot:

DimSessionManager, Sess As SessionMgr

you have to firs reference some libraries of your BI4 client which has to be installed on the same box as excel

• Designer.tlb
• EnterpriseFramework.dll
• InfoStor.dll
• PluginManager.dll
• User.dll
• UserGroup.dll

It doesn’t work with Office 365. Has anyone found solution to this.

Thanks