BusinessObjects Board

Bobj-board task list

I am listing here the various task I want to handle on this platform following the go-live. It’s mainly clean-up actions but also some small enhancement. Do not hesitate to comment below.

• [X] remove emojis imported from BOB that were already existing on Discourse. (like :mad: because the quality is better on Discourse emoji)
  • [X] re-think categories organization (maybe less categories ? Discourse recommend to use a 2 levels categories maximum, not 3 like we have now + Uncategorized use to be the General Topics in BOB)
  • [X] update the TOS, based on previous terms on BOB ?
  • [X] some thread are missing like the [BOB is Retiring]: I have found some posts that are referencing a non existing thread (like [BOB 2.0] topic). I have to check if it’s a more general issue. fixed here.
  • [ ] replace links to forum-topics to internal link like here
  • [X] some download topic are missing the first post. For example : BOXI UserList & Group Excel Export is a little xls file I have created long time ago, but the thread is missing the first message with the file ! :crying_cat_face: fixed here !
  • [ ] activate google auth (allow to login via your google account)
1 Like

Julien, I have posted a retirement message on my blog that directs people here. I have also updated the BOB template that includes a link to this site. It’s a good start!

While I was writing my blog post I looked up some interesting facts. Did you know that BOB was older than the iPhone? The first iPhone didn’t come out until 2007, so BOB is five years older. What an amazing feat.

1 Like

Hello @DaveRathbun !

Nice to see you on this side :wink: ! Thanks for the links, let’s start a new community around BusinessObjects ; but I am not sure to run it for 18 years :

• 2038: does BI still a subject ?
  • 2038: is Internet will be still the same ? pages, links and so on ?

This is so astonishing to keep the community for nearly 20 years with the original BOB community… I use to be a student back in 2002 :smile: Thanks again, and I hope to see you here sometimes !

1 Like