BusinessObjects Board

XI Document Schedules and Users Utility

Author: Kevin Morrell

Description: An excel file that uses VBA to query an XI installation’s documents and schedule information. This builds on the BOXI UserList and Group Extraction by Julina Bras - A BIG THANKS :yesnod:

Platform: BOXIr2 tested. As with Julian’s you’ll need the BO libraries to run the VBA. This will require the full client to be installed.

What is it?
Extracts information about documents, schedules, document locaitons and owners. It is currently set up for Webi documents however this can easily be changed in the code. I’ve also included Julians original UserList code.

I’m no programmer so feel free to improve and let others know.

Have fun - Kevin
BOXI Documents and Users Report.xls (174.0 KB)

keeweem :australia: (BOB member since 2003-06-02)

It’s possible add objects in spreadsheet?

mariogus (BOB member since 2008-03-18)

While running this Script i am getting following error -

Failure in USerGroup()
Crystalenterprise115.fw_infoobject.1 - - 2147210694 1000440

I have run this script in 3 different machine but getting same error. strange thing is, i am getting error with same report in all 3 machine. Looks like script is not able to go beyond that report. Total number of objects that i am getting is 2191.

Is it something to do with that perticular report?

Can someone have solution for this error?

Thanks,

BOpat :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

Hi,

I’m getting the same error response as above - does anyone have an idea what the issue is and how I can go about fixing it?

Thx

squash junkie :netherlands: (BOB member since 2008-09-08)

Kevin,

Many thanks! This looks like what I have been looking for but I have a question. It looks like this is getting the schedules for WebI reports. I need to get Crystal reports but I don’t know what name to use instead of WebI. In fact, I don’t know where any of this is documented. I’d appreciate the pointer to either or both questions.

Again, thanks!
Norman

neheyen (BOB member since 2006-08-22)

Hi Norman,

If you check the VBA code behind the spreadsheet you will see a form called flogin2.

View the code for this function and you will see the following statement;

Set Documents = iStore.Query("Select top " & RecordLimit & " SI_Name,SI_ID,SI_OWNER From CI_INFOOBJECTS Where SI_KIND='Webi'")

Simply change webi to ‘CrystalReport’ and it should do what you want.

cheers - Kevin

keeweem :australia: (BOB member since 2003-06-02)

Hi Kevin,

How do we also get the list of Universes to which those scheduled reports point?

Thanks

ety.vty (BOB member since 2008-09-23)

I’m getting the same error message. Is there a way around this?

joefonseca79 (BOB member since 2007-07-03)

Could it be possible to retrieve the default settings of the documents instead of the Scheduling Info.
In the CMC you can define “default servers to use for processing” in the default settings and I 'd like to catch this processing info. Actually I would like to update in bulk the default settings of the precessing server group for a set of deski reports.

Any help on library to use or code to retrive this document property would be very appreciated.

Warm regards,

Vinci123 (BOB member since 2010-11-25)

Hi:

I am getting following error when I run this spreadsheet Macro.

Compile Error: User-defined type not defined

for the following line:

Dim SessionManager, Sess As SessionMgr

Do I need to install any other VB Modules / Reference Libraries to work on this. Please let me know.
Thank You
Ramesh Vasudevan

rameshbalajiv (BOB member since 2008-03-25)

I get the same error as above. Do I need to install anythin else to get it working? I’m running the Excel file on the BO server with Excel 2007

stefan :de: (BOB member since 2008-05-30)

Hi

i tried to run the macro in Micro soft excel 2003 and i get the following error message. Please help me out.

CrystalEnterprise11.Infostore.1 --214721099: Active Directory Authentication failed to get the Active Directory groups for the account with ID"069FB5A4FED:TROBAS".Please make sure this account is valid and belongs to an accessible domain. 1000440

Thanks in advance

passport (BOB member since 2010-05-07)

This is working fine for me on BI 4.1 but after fetching all the data, at the end it gives error and due to this, I am not able to save the data as need to close the program…

Run time error…2147417848 (80010108)
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients…

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)