BusinessObjects Board

Wish list for new release of BusObjects & Webi

You might be right, to a degree. But all those graphics take time and bandwidth, and really don’t add anything meaningful. For a professional, business-related forum, I think they are out of place.

There were a few times today when the pages wouldn’t refresh at all, so there might have been server issues this time as well…

SG1_Guy (BOB member since 2003-02-28)

I don’t know what details I can offer.

One thing almost guaranteed to cause an abort is a multiple-cell copy/paste operation. Sometimes from Tab-to-Tab in the same report, more frequently if copying from one report to another. Multi-cell copies where some cells are “constants” and some are data fields just about guarantees an Abort.

Once in a while, just retrieving another report will abort.

Our host (service provider) has been experiencing network issues. The first clue that something is wrong is I can’t get to the forum. The next clue is that I can’t get to the ticket system to log a system problem, meaning that it’s not just our server. The final clue is that I can’t get to the host web site, which means either someone has cut a cable, or there is something else major wrong. I just checked their network status page ( http://www.hostingsupport.com/NetStatus.asp ) and they don’t currently have a note of anything in particular.

About a month ago the host was extremely flaky due to a DNS attack. It was really bad for a couple of days until the upstream providers blocked the source of the attacks.

As far as the smilies, any smilies hosted on our server should not affect the download of topics. For the more frequent posters that have external (meaning hosted elsewhere) smilies in their sig, we have been moving them to this host to reduce the overhead. As far as bandwidth, the bulk of the smiles are 200 bytes or smaller. It’s not that much overhead. :slight_smile:

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I think that is just your personal preference – because I’ve found that an emoticon can act like a voice inflection. One big problem with email and other electronic communication is that you can misinterpret what one is saying, by interpreting the phrasing improperly.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Which BO version and which OS version are you using :?:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Look Here! to see if any of the scenarios match your situation. Also, I have seen a case on the tech support site which had a work around for the specific problem you mention above.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Running B.O. 5.1.4
My PC is running Win NT 4.0

Yeah, I guess you’re right. I was seeing terrible response for a while, and I guess I just leaped to the conclusion that the grafix were slowing it down.

Totally agree with this observation and have learned and relearned the hard way to stop doing that.

scott copeland (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

See tech support ref 11947 its been registered as bug # 1057766

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

In the Query Panel, when I select any object having longer name, by default, BO doesn’t show the complete name, a part remains hidden and one needs to extend/drag the boundary to see the full name. I can also “WRAP” the result objects to place each object on it’s own line.
But since resizing is not static, it doesn’t help.
The size again changes back to default when any new objects are added to the existing objects in a report.

Is there any plan for BO to enable auto-fit/auto-resize in such a case?

jay (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Hi,

One more wish:

Say we have aggregate tables and aggregate awareness implemented one each for Year and Month level aggregate tables. Now say when i pull Year and a measure in query panel, the sql points to Year aggregate. Its fine. Now say i drill through down to Month level (even though i had not selected month in the query panel). Now the sql points to Month agg table and pulls data. This is also fine.

Now say I roll up(drill up) to Year level, now the query still points to Month agg table and the report contains data at Month level even though it is not displayed in report table(Check out in the result set @ Data>View Data).

Wish: Give an option to define that on Roll Up(Dirll Up) operation:

1. Purge lower level data so that the report size becomes optimal.
  2. Point in SQL generated to the aggregate table of the level displayed in report table.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinath M.K

mksrinath (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I wish that, in Designer, the Loop Detection routine had an option to show only the loops that are unresolved.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I wish is only BO have will have the same feature both in full client and Webi. Ups, it sound like a bombastic wish. :lol:

Hary (BOB member since 2003-03-19)

Actually, by the end of this year, Webi will be very close to full client. Version 6, due out next month, will be a huge step forward. And later this year, most of the functionality of full client will be included.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I wish BO would make turning on WIQT, etc tracing easier than copying the serverdiag…or servdiag…or WIQT_servdiag…or WIQT_serverdiag :roll_eyes: whatEVER to the proper directories. I worked for about 2 hours trying every combination…bouncing Webi between tries…looking for *.log files and never did get it turned on! How about a radio button :hb:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

I wish that insert report would ask you where to put the new report tab. Sometimes I’d like it inserted between existing reports rather than always as the last tab. :yesnod:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

I have the same wish with Cindy about automatic linking in the dataprovider plus we can choose the type of link like join type (left outer join etc)

Hary (BOB member since 2003-03-19)

I have no idea whether somebody included this wish item on this list. I would like to do multiple selection and delete unwanted formulas and variables from Variables Window :yesnod: .

Ravi.

Ravi_Pazhani (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Add two functionalities to BO Reporter:

• Double-clicking on local report variable in the Report Manager Pane, tab Data will open the Variable Editor window (instead of right clicking on the variable and selecting Edit Variable…)

• Local report variables should be in italics or something to differentiate them from universe objects

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)