BusinessObjects Board

Webi/Live office in Xcelsius

I had created a xcelsius dashboard using Webi report as a data source using Live office. Now my requirement is when every time user run the xcelsius dashboard, data supposed to be refreshed. Could you please tell me how to achieve it? what are the steps do I need to follow?

Philip (BOB member since 2006-03-02)

Hi

please check these links

Thanks

osrootofos :us: (BOB member since 2012-02-10)

These links does not tell how to refresh dashboard when Webi report are used as a data provider using Live Office in Xcelsius. I am using BO 4.0. Please help…

Philip (BOB member since 2006-03-02)

We do not use WebI, but we do use Crystal Reports and LO. I am assuming it is about the same. Two things to check.

1. In Excel, object properties. Refresh tab. Check to see that the Refresh setting is for On Demand.

2. In Xcelsius. In the data connection for the object (Live Office connection). Check to see on the Refresh tab that the Refresh when Components Are Loaded or you could (allows the dashboard to display quicker) is to put a connection refresh button on the dashboard and have it refresh after the components are loaded.

I hope this helps.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

Well, it doesn’t work for me either. I have tried various stuff and the Live Office report prompts me for report values when I run it manually. However, when I embed it as part of the XCelsius XLF file, I see data, but no prompts appear when I try to refresh. This has to be a bug in BO 4.0!!

JSanthanam :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-17)