BusinessObjects Board

WebI Admin Tool

Hello,

Sometimes the WebI Administrator screen hangs after you enter the userid/password. This happens when you initiate it from the systray icon, or from the start/programs/WebI icon. It attempts to start it through the browser and will hang on loading one of the java classes.

Is there any way to restart the tool without restarting Web-I or the exe itself (*:\Program Files\Business Objects\Server\System 2.5\Bin\Administrator.exe. ) Everytime we do that, it hangs abnormally.

Is there another way to see if anyone, and who, is logged on to the Web-I server ?

Thanks

sotellmewhy (BOB member since 2002-11-06)

are you running webi admin directly from the server?
if so, you can try a different browser or version.

Or are you logging in from your desktop thru the BO Services Administrator?

scott copeland (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I would suggest you to to use BO adminstration tool for the client.Install that on your desktop and rather than using the server version,use the client version.

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Can we try the url directly on a client PC?

Or do we have to “load” the admin tool on the client? If so, how do we install it? I don’t remember seeing it on the client install CD.

The version of the browser is IE 6. Are there any settings on IIS that we should check.

You need to install the admin tool on the client.Its called BO Services Adminstrator.It became available since 2.6…i think.Its available on CD.

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Yes. In fact, I sometimes have better luck with that than with the admin tool locally on the server.

The url will be…

http://<servername>/wi/wiadmin/administrator.htm

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

…and its under the utilities section, right at the bottom together with the BCA Console application.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thank You All!!

I do have the client tool now but I still have problems. It doesnt start, just hangs n no messages either.

Blast from the past.

Im trying to login to the Administrator screen for a Webi 2.7 install, when I enter login and password it just hangs.

Now I know Ive seen this before (4 years ago), but I just cant remeber what the prob / solution was (must be old age :nonod: ). Its a Solaris install.

Ive started and stopped the instance and the login Im using is the install account that was used.

Is there anything Im missing :?:

I do see this in the java console,

http://6666xus.fm.net:7001/wi/wiadmin/GlobalReportTemplate/black.htm
Exception in thread “Main Application Thread” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(Ljava/applet/Applet;)Lorg/omg/CORBA/ORB;
at bo.wi.adm.Frontal.corbaInit(Frontal.java)
at bo.wi.adm.Frontal.performCommand(Frontal.java)
at netscape.application.Button.sendCommand(Button.java:1456)
at netscape.application.Button.mouseUp(Button.java:1371)
at netscape.application.RootView._mouseUp(RootView.java:667)
at netscape.application.RootView.processEvent(RootView.java:1023)
at netscape.application.EventLoop.processEvent(EventLoop.java:130)
at netscape.application.EventLoop.run(EventLoop.java:162)
at netscape.application.Application.run(Application.java:188)
at netscape.application.FoundationApplet.run(FoundationApplet.java:106)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Cheers

Rich :uk: (BOB member since 2002-10-04)

Some thoughts:

Do you still have the older version of Java available?

Have you changed firewall rules?

Are you just trying to go the URL:
http://6666xus.fm.net:7001/wi/wiadmin/AdministratorEN.htm

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi Guys,

Regarding this WebI admin Tool,

I came to know that this WebI Admin tool can be used to log in User Activities.

I have one doubt. We are using the client version of BO 5.1.6 and server version 5.5 . Will this WebI Admin tool also log the users who are all logging thru client version of BO.

I am very new to the BO Environment.

Regards
Arivazhagan M

luckylighte (BOB member since 2007-07-25)

You must mean you have client version 5.1.6 and WebI version 6.5, because the last 5.x version was 5.1.9.

No, unless youre users are actually ZABO users. And I’m guessing they’re not ZABO users, or they’d have to be on the same version as your WebI server, and accessing via the *.rkey.

WebI can only log traffic that goes via the WebI server.

But you already have a topic going on this here – so please continue your discussion there. Otherwise, we call it cross-posting – it leads to fragmented discussions and is against our forum rules.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)