BusinessObjects Board

View Set Question

Hi All,
I have Information spaces based on different Universe.

For example :

Information space 1 based on Universe1
This is showing Column chart Company vs Revenue

Information space 2 based on Universe2
This is showing Pie chart for Top 10 Vendors

Now I wanted to show both the charts on a single page (Column Chart on left hand side and Pie Chart on right hand side), how can I do this?

GNK_BO (BOB member since 2007-07-17)

try exploration view set- bi 4.0 fp3 onwards.

bi 3.1 polestar ( explorer) you can only see one chart in one information space.

if you are using BI 4.0 then try upgrade sp04 you can have view sets where you can add many exploration

Manikandan.Solai :australia: (BOB member since 2011-12-14)

Hi Manikandan.Solai,
We are on SAP Business Objects Explorer 4.0 SP 4.

I am able to create a View Set based on multiple Exploration Views, but I have to switch between them to pick which ever I want to see.

But what I need is to be able to put those two Exploration views on a single page, so that way I don’t have to switch. And by that way if possible, I can build a view set with multiple exploration views like a dashboard.

Please share your thoughts

1. Create a viewset and in that create a view for the Column chart Company vs Revenue chart from InfoSpace1 and save it.
    2.Go the infospace 2, set the criteria for the pie chart, click on the add to view set button, select the viewset that you created in step 1, click next, then select the exploration view you created in step 1 and click OK.

Maverick002 (BOB member since 2012-06-26)

Hi Maverick002,
Thanks for your time replying my post.
I am still not able to achieve what I intend to do.

My aim is to have a View set which will display exploration view from two different Infospace(based on two different Universes) to be shown in a single page.

So far I am able to create a view set with two different Infospace(based on two different Universes), but I have to switch between them to pick them individually, not able to put both the charts on the same page.

Please see my attachment.
BO Explorer 4.0 View set.doc (245.0 KB)

We can’t add charts from different information spaces built on different universes into a single view, unless there are matching facets in both the infospaces.

Maverick002 (BOB member since 2012-06-26)

Hi GNK_BO,

you were able to accomplish your requirement of merging the views? if yes can you share with me how to do it.

Thanks

reddysp (BOB member since 2013-10-30)