BusinessObjects Board

Upload generated ABAP fails in BODS 4.1

Hi,

We have a problem with uploading ABAP functions to SAP in BODS 4.1

When using the “Generate ABAP Code” function (right click on the R3 dataflow), and selecting “Upload Generated Programs” it fails whenever the development class on the default datastore configuration is set to something different from $TMP.

Since we have a lot of ABAPs to deploy, it would be very useful to have them automatically assigned to a transport package (by changing to development class to the package name).

Appreciate any ideas!

jwiqvist (BOB member since 2011-08-23)

… And the error message when uploading is:

[ABAP Data Flow:ABAP_AUFK_R3_DF]
Cannot generate ABAP code: <Error: <RS_CORR_INSERT:1>.>. (BODI-1111205)

Did you load the new transports when you upgraded ? I don’t deal with ABAP, but we had a few issues until we did this.

Leigh Kennedy :australia: (BOB member since 2012-01-17)

Yes, the new transports have been loaded.

I found a workaround though. If you first upload using $TMP and then upload again using the correct package name, it will still give the error code but the ABAP gets added to the package.

Hi Leigh, what are the new transports you are referring to.
We are in process to upgrade to 4.1 and noticed that we were unable to Import BW Tables. I believe there are some specific notes out there for the same but cannot find them, and currently waiting for response from SAP.

Thanks,
Jas

tomhawk_usa (BOB member since 2012-09-10)

They are in this directory:

SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\admin\R3_Functions\transport

Unless you give your data services login unrestricted access, you need to install them. They changes from 4.0.

The upgrade documentation makes no mention if the change, but if you compare to a 4.0 install you’ll see the files are different.

Cheers.

Thanks Leigh for sharing the info. In our landscape, SAP team is not ready to install any software that is provided manually by BODS. They are more comfortable with something like OSS Note which they can get directly from SAP. With 4.0 we got a corresponding SAP note, but do not have anything yet for 4.1 and could not find any info on it. We will probably have to initiate this with SAP through a ticket or something.

ERP people live in a fantasy world - Its still coming from SAP !

I am working on that but it is not ready yet. If you would install a SAP NW Service Pack that got released in the last months, the DS functions would have been included in the SAP NW package (PI_BASIS).
The Note that does that I have as well but as the note assistant cannot install certain objects like AUTH objects, we have to do use transport files instead. And these transport files are not in a note yet.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Thanks Werner, really appreciate the info. Not sure if it is right for me to ask but any idea when to expect it.

Best case scenario for our scenario is to have everything available in a note. I am not sure if we will be able convince Basis to accept transport files from BODS :expressionless: so might end up waiting for the notes

Do you remember the movie The Money Pit?

The scene where they ask “When will it be done?” and get the response “In 14 days” for months and years.

In 14 days. :reallymad:

hahaha :lol: …I am off to watch it now, to get some clues as to what these 14 days will eventually translate into…thanks again.

Hi,

We finally have the 4.1 specific transports setup in one of our SAP Dev box(BW). Got the following error when tried to import a table:

RFC_NO_AUTHORITY: No RFC Authorization for function module /BODS/

From SAP Supplement doc, and checking existing user profile, it was clear that S_RFC is required for the new function group /BODS/BODS, as the functions modules have been moved from ZAW0 to /BODS/BODS.

Now when I try to import, I get the following error:
RFC_ABAP_MESSAGE, You are not authorized to perform this activity

As per Supplement doc and werner’s wiki article (http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/DataServices+and+SAP+Security) I understand that next step is to get ZDSAUTH assigned to the BODS SAP user profile.
As per doc, theis auth gives execute access to Data servcies functions.

Please note that this same user profile has been working fine with DS 4.0. I am trying to figure out if S_RFC on new function module + ZDSAUTH should resolve the issue.

Thanks.
Jas

[/img]

What did help for me was to check the function it self. In the code you can see on which authorizations is checked before the relevant code of the function is executed.

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

Thanks Johannes,
That was good advice. I have figured out the auths at high level through documentation + looking at Fucntion Module code, however some doubts still remain.

1. S_DEVELOP vs ZDSDEV - Both look very similar and doc also mentions that ZDSDEV is DS version of S_DEVELOP. Code also seems to check for S_DEVELOP. I dont think I so any auth checks for ZDSDEV but I may have missed. Questions is do we really need to setup ZDSDEV when S_DEVELOP is present.

2. S_DEVELOP - Tables access was controlled at package level(some kind of grouping of tables) and not individual tables. Will this still work.

Idea here is the ability to provide the reason for each auth request.

The two rights have slightly different meanings.

S_DEVELOP is the SAP right than you can do ABAP developments in general.

ZDSDEV’s meaning is that this system is a development system for DataServices. Hence more functions are enabled as in the production system.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/DataServices+and+SAP+Security

Yes, you need both. Doesn’t help much if you tell this is a DS dev system but then the user does not have the rights to develop anything, does it?

Is it required that the user account connecting to the SAP development system is a dialog user for the upload of the ABAP to work?

I get the following message on a client site I am working at.

[ABAP Data Flow:A065_Extract]
Cannot generate ABAP code: <Cannot connect to SAP Applications datastore <SAP_Legacy> using host <sapdc24.odeurope.com>, client <200>, user <BC_DSUSER>, and system number <00: CRFC error: RFC_START_SAPGUI_FAILURE- Log on with a dialog user[SAP Partner]>. Make sure the SAP server is running and the login information is correct.>. (BODI-1111205)

so I assume so?

jonkgreen (BOB member since 2013-05-24)

yes, when developing that code we haven’t found any better way than programatically clicking through the dialog screen.

Hi Werner,

I have the same problem as jwiqvist but got a different error.
My say -

The ABAP program for ABAP data flow <R3_InternalOrderCategory> (datastore <R3_DS>) was not uploaded: < Function /BODS/UPLOAD: RFC_ABAP_MESSAGE, Processing terminated)- Processing terminated…

Any idea why…? I have also tried his workaround. Could it be no authorization to the development class…?

Br,

-jem

jem (BOB member since 2011-08-18)

During our previous deployment we used Data Services 4.0 to load our idocs against a ECC closed client 300, and run our DM_Reconcile job against same to periodically update our master data in DS to line up with changes in ECC.

In the next deployment we decided to go with Data Services 4.1, and with the help of the BASIS team we uploaded the new Function module for 4.1 into ECC E1D/300 (Dev) and yesterday with the App Dev team we attempted to upload the ABAP code embedded in the data flows of the DM_Reconcile job which is part of the BPFDM package.

The error we’re getting now is <01: CRFC error: RFC_START_SAPGUI_FAILURE - Start’

Not sure if anyone has any tips for us. We are trying to restore the functionality we had in DS 4.0 into DS 4.1 for the next deployment.:crazy_face:

DataServe127 (BOB member since 2012-06-18)