BusinessObjects Board

RFC Communication Failure

Hi,

We are upgrading DS 3.1 to 4.0 and migrated the jobs as well.

Jobs are aborting wit the attached error when we try to extarct data from SAP R3 source systems . the same is running fine in 3.1 version .

No clue as where things are going wrong . :hb:

Any inputs on this is highly appreciated .

thnx,
Rani
Error.zip (151.0 KB)

rani_cts (BOB member since 2008-06-05)

Hi werner,

Any inputs from your end on this ?

when we compared the Datastore parameters in 3.1 and 4.0 , follwoing are 2 additioanl parameters showing up ? This might be causing the issue?

currently i have set it to ‘NO’.

use sapnwrfc.ini
Destination name

Regards,
Rani

Hi,

We have exactly the same error. There is nothing else on this forum about it, and nothing in the SAP Notes.

Any clue how to solve this?

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

Hi Johannes Vink,

The issue was resolved when the below RFC Authorization was added to the SAP R3 server for the Data services Username with which you have connected to SAP.

Name of RFC to be protected: BAPI, CADR , RFC1 , SDIF, SLST, SUNI, SUTL, SDTX, SYST, ZAW0 , BAPT , SDIFRUNTIME , SU_USER

Type of RFC object to be protected : FUGR

Regards,
Rani

Hi Rani,

Thank you for your response. I checked against the supplement manual for SAP for 3.1 and 4.0 and against the request we send to the authoriation team. It all matches.

I have send a request the check the authorisations again as clearly something is not entirely correct.

Its very strange indeed because we are in the process of providing new set of ABAP;s to the SAP source servers and that demands some extra RFC which was not present in the below list… :x

Are you sure? Because the list you provided above is the exact list of autorizations as was provided in the SAP supplement manual of 3.1 and 4.0. And I checked that against the autorization request that I made…

Or are there more authorizations required?

Ex: BATG

Hi rani, thank you for your answer. You were right with your lists of autorisations.

We added in the end the following function groups:
BAPT , SDIFRUNTIME , SU_USER

And then it worked.

These function groups were not listed in the BODS 4.0 manual!

Hi,

We are having the same problem, even though the SAP user has SAP_ALL and we have added the profiles listed above.

Loading Metadata works if you choose “execute preloaded” but that of course will not work with executing R3 dataflows. The only thing that works is globally enabling changes in SAP, but that is not allowed in production. Also, everything is working fine in BODS 3.2.

Any ideas?

jwiqvist (BOB member since 2011-08-23)

For us the issue is only related to DS 4.1, not 4.0 or 3.2. It seems that in the old versions 3.2 and 4.0 BODI called on the function Z_AW_RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN which has a way of being able to install and run ABAP programs, even though the SAP Client modifications setting is set to not allow it. However in DS 4.1 the function call is towards the RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN (Without the Z_AW_ prefix) and that function does not get around the client modification setting in SAP.

Is this intentional, to close the possibility of using “generate and execute” in a production environment?

Intential. Either edit the function to bypass that, or do only execute preload in non-dev.

If you do that, limit the BODS functions to the BODS user only.

Ok, we´ve decided to use execute preloaded in test and production but now we´re facing a different problem instead. The upload ABAP feature will not work with any other development class than $TMP, I have created a new topic for this issue:
https://bobj-board.org/t/206491/1