BusinessObjects Board

Universe Design Tool - Dual Monitor Error

Hi All,

I have the Universe Designer error where UDT can open however when you go to import universe the pop up pane is not on the sreeen, this is with both dual and single monitors, it sort of ends up in space…

Anyway, I can hold the windows key and right or left and bring that pop up back into visibility however once inside the universe if I try and insert a table the same pop up to space is happening and I can’t use the same windows path to move the pane.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Evans :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2013-10-17)

Generally this is fixed by clearing the registry values for Designer so that it “forgets” the location of the pop-up windows.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I am now having this problem also. Could someone please post specifics on clearing the registry to fix this?

Found this here:

The alt space bar Move method recovered my Import popup screen but I still cannot open object properties

popsdrown (BOB member since 2007-04-27)

I know this answer is too late in the game, but thought it would help someone else who runs into the same issue. Go to Registry Editor and then: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\default\BusinessObjects\Application Preferences\BusinessDesigner\Designer\Dsgn Import
–>Open the WindowPlacement file and change the value to something smaller and you will notice the Import window will pop back to your main screen.

Cheers!

• Gopi
1 Like