BusinessObjects Board

RapidMart Sub-Forum

Could we please create another sub-forum under DataIntegrator called “RapidMarts and Business Content”?

We are getting some questions on this topic already but because sales is accelerating even faster and the entire area will be promoted much more, I think it is time for a new sub forum.

Thanks in advance

Werner

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Agree! I have a few questions on rapidmarts (and more to come!) posted across various subforums, which is not that effective.
A subforum woud be quite useful!

Thanks,
Ned

evilleneuve :fr: (BOB member since 2012-03-08)

Good Stuff - could we make it even more specific to “SAP RapidMarts and Business Content” as SAP sold the IP of the non-SAP RMs.

SalH :mexico: (BOB member since 2010-11-09)

Is there enough activity for a separate forum, or should we just create a “DI: Other” or “DI: General Topics” to catch this and other subjects that don’t have a specific forum area?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

A RapidMart sub please. Yes, there are enough questions to make sense, that’s the origin of the request actually - too many too precise questions.
I also would suggest we name it
“SAP RapidMarts and Business Content”
to make it a bit broader than just RapidMarts. I am thinking about Hana Applications using DataServices and the such which will pick up fast over the next few months.

Okay?

Dave?

:mrgreen:

Rapid Marts really deserve a sub-forum. +1 on that,

aderici (BOB member since 2012-01-13)

Dave?

Voting for a new sub forum please. In the meantime, Werner - is there a thread that talks about how to report off of SAP Data ( a parallel solution to BW) using Data Services?

sowsam (BOB member since 2008-06-03)

How about that reading material for a start?
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/RapidMarts
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/SAP+Topics

Dave??

:wah:

Dave has been kidnapped by an international organization dedicated to the prevention of the proliferation of sub-fora. Once we raise the funds for his ransom, he will be returned to his normal duties. :wink:

Bobinator (BOB member since 2008-09-09)

I see. How many Nikon D800’s is the ransom?

We’re still working out the details. Stay tuned.

Bobinator (BOB member since 2008-09-09)

Forum created, what process would you suggest as the best way to get current rapid mart discussions moved?

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks. We could search for the term “RapidMart” and move all these threads. We can flag the existing threads manually as “in wrong forum”. Or we only add new topics there.

as you wish.

Clearly we hope any new topics go there. :slight_smile:

If I search for “rapidmart” (one word) are we confident that all of those topics should go into the new forum?

I would prefer the manual way. I found 85 threads with the term RapidMart and no, not all make sense. Would not harm either but…

Then as you (and other DI folks) find topics that would be appropriate to move, please use the “Report a Post” option and select “Wrong Forum” as the option. We’ll get them all moved, thanks.

You can always report a post using the proper icon, found on the lower right-hand corner of any post.