BusinessObjects Board

Is HANA a suitable topic for BOB?

Hello again BOB,

My shop is adopting BI 4.1 running over HANA. I’d love to compare notes about building HANA views, etc., with this board if you all feel it would be appropriate. Would you be willing to create a HANA area within BOB?

Cheers,
~Steve

Steve Aultman (BOB member since 2003-07-22)

Steve,

It’s a topic of interest to me but I’d imagine General Discussion is the right place for it on here.

Regards,
Mark

Werner is ahead of you:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

HANA’s something a bit different though Nick.

RapidMarts are a Sap BW → traditional dimensional model tool.
HANA’s an in-memory platform.

HANA is more than just in-Memory, and yes I think we should create a HANA forum.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I know. That’s the main tagline though. I was explaining that it’s different.

Maybe an overall architecture forum for platform/dimensional model issues would be useful, incorporating HANA, Rapid Marts and so on.

Hi,

From the Business Objects / reporting point of view, how is HANA different from other databases? We don’t have separate subforums for Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, etc.

If we are to discuss how to connect to HANA, I think that Semantic Layer / Universe Designer forum is sufficient.

I see a value for a new forum only if installation, configuration, administration of HANA and development in HANA will be discussed.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Agreed, and yes.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

The primary difference is that HANA is an SAP product, whereas the other databases listed are not. :slight_smile:

There are some on-going projects for adding some new features to BOB, as well as creating some new forums, as well as an update to the banner sponsor program, as well as implementing topic tags for all forums, as well as… well, there’s a bunch in the queue and the moment. Will be tweeting the updates on the BOB twitter account as they become realized. Thanks.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)