BusinessObjects Board

No Notifications?

BOB stopped sending me notifications within the past day. Any idea what’s going on? Did BOB get blacklisted?

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Hi Jim,

I still get BOB email notifications.

Can you check whether it’s not your email server or email client that throws them away?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

It’s not just me. Another forum member said that notifications stopped for him also.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

I am not sure what it could be.

BTW, I am replying to your post based on the “Topic Reply Notification” email that I got to my yahoo account 15 minutes ago.

If you have time, can you change the email in your BOB profile to check whether you will get notification emails there?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

They are working for me too.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Mine have stopped. :frowning:

anorak :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-13)

Hi there,

it’s Miss Universe speaking :wink:

my notifications have stopped as well some time ago so I thought it might be an issue with my email address which is why I’ve changed it. That was apparently a mistake as my account got locked and I never got an activation email :wah:.
I’ve then tried registering a new account with different email addresses with no luck until I used an old yahoo email address - this one received the activation mail and here I am back…
though I would really appreciate if someone could pleeeeease :wave: re-activate my original account (Miss Universe)

I really wonder what is the issue (no emails from US to Germany any more?)… this is weird…

thanks for any support you can give me.
cheers
MU

Miss Universe II :de: (BOB member since 2013-06-21)

Hi there, it’s me again.

I still did not manage to get my original account re-activated. It seems I’m not receiving any emails any more from BOB :wah:

could someone please help me to get my account (Miss Universe) re-activated?

thanks!
MU

Miss Universe II :de: (BOB member since 2013-06-21)

Miss Universe, your original account is now activated. Sorry for the delay. I got lost in the basement. :?

Bobinator (BOB member since 2008-09-09)

Bobinator, you’re my hero! thanks a lot :mrsbob:
:hugs:

this whole email issue is really a bit weird. in fact, my yahoo address worked on the other account (I also got your reply notification). I wonder where these emails pile up?!

Thanks again,
MU.

Miss Universe :de: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

I have not had time to work through any test cases. I know I get emails from the server so it’s not a complete failure of the email system. :?

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I’ll toss my hat into the ring as well - no emails from the board for the past 5-6 weeks. I’ve verified all my settings (that used to work!) and nothing has changed. Kinda odd…

jwaterbury :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-21)

OK — add me to the list - I too am not receiving notifications.

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

In this thread we collected some email providers that seem to work:

[list]Google Mail
Yahoo
Hotmail[/list]

providers that don’t seem to work are: GMX as well as personal or corporate servers…

Please see this post for more information.

Here’s the error code returned in the mail log for your email address. Mail is being sent, it’s not being delivered.

2013-07-15 14:40:28 1UyodH-0001M2-C2 ** your-email-address-here R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after HELO : host mail.miq.com [198.181.219.195]: 501 5.5.4 Domain name required

In doing some research, it seems that the complaint is about the sender domain, but I can assure you that rigil.momentsoflight.net is a valid domain. There is no web site hosted there, but it should not have to include a site, it’s just the server name.

The DNS record includes rigil as an attribute for momentsoflight.net.

I can confirm that email is successfully being sent to your current account at gmail as I see success entries in the mail log.

Hi Bob,

yes thanks, gmail seems to be working. However, GMX did not and neither did my company email… well… I just had an issue when I changed the email address and never got any confirmation to re-activate the account… that was a bit unlucky :wink:
but for now I’m using gmail.

thanks for checking,
cheers
:mrsbob:

Just noticed that I had not received any notification emails from BOB for some days and thought it’s starting again… but then I visited my Google mail account and found that apparently Google decided to mark them as SPAM since 24/09 …
just in case someone has the same problem, check your SPAM folder.

Is there a solution?

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)