BusinessObjects Board

How can i get Sdk Docs?

I am new to BO SDK,

Where i can get documents for BO SDK,
pls give some URl or any idea,

your help is most appricited

BONEW (BOB member since 2004-09-03)

The only place to get SDK docs is from the tech support site.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

This question is asked fairly often, so I’m going to take this topic and make it a sticky. Without going into license restrictions, as each client can negotiate their own license agreement with BusinessObjects, the general rule is that in order to use the SDK you need to license the SDK. If you have a license for the SDK then you have access to the documentation and all sample files and so on in the Developer Suite area of the tech support site.

This, of course, requires a tech support login first. You may need to get your account rep to verify that you have a license for the SDK as it requires additional access… a tech support login is not enough. You must also be authorized to view the Developer Suite area of the tech support site.

Please do not ask for other BOB members to send you any documentation. We are not able to nor responsible for reviewing your license agreement. We will not host copywritten or proprietary documentation here on BOB, and we don’t like it when people ask for something that they’re not legally supposed to have. :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Just to clarify, this applies to v5 and v6 SDK documentation. For the XI release, SDK documentation is available without a tech support ID in the Developer Library.

{moderator note: updated 15-Jan-2008 with a new link}

[Moderator Note: added the link below for the new SAP site on Apr 10, 2009]
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/sdklibrary.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hello Dwayne,

I just downloaded and tried out your macro to copy over a multitude of cotnexts from a slave universe (the contexts didn’t come over when I performed the linking) to the master.

Unfortunately, the contexts didn’t get copied over. Would you please confirm that this doesn’t work for linked universes?

If it should, would you please suggest how I should approach this using your code?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Sincerely,

Brian.

vonwolf :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-21)

vonwolf, please find the topic related to that download and post your question there, thanks. This topic is meant to be “informational” only. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)