BusinessObjects Board

Help in giving a Seminar on Business Objects

Hi Everyone,

I need to give a presentation to few people at my work on Overview of Business Objects. Please help me in putting the info together. What are all the areas I need to cover?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

KennyPinto (BOB member since 2011-01-13)

You should be able to find some presentations on SAP website.

Marfi :poland: (BOB member since 2006-12-18)

Depends on how long the presentation is and who are the audience. If its just a brief outlook of Business Objects you need to talk about creating DSN then designing the Universe and Developing reports using WebI and Rich Client using that universe. If its for advanced users you can talk about resolving loops, traps, creating derived tables and using contexts and aliases in universe. Formatting reports, Scheduling reports, reports bursting…

Hope this gives you a start

cyberdude :india: (BOB member since 2007-02-05)

Thanks Marfi and Cyberdude for your suggestions… Yep it surely gives me a headstart :smiley:

Depends on your audience but you might like to start with where Business Objects fits in your Business Intelligence ecosystem and within your wider organisation and also what it is commonly used for. e.g. ad hoc reporting, opertional reports, external distribution of reports, dashboarding etc. I usually draw a picture on a whiteboard to show this.

Might also be worth giving a brief overview of the various data sources that are available via Business Objects.

James Graham :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2008-02-26)

Thanks James, that surely helps… !! :slight_smile:

Hi…

I need to put together the comparison of various reporting tools with BO and highlight BO as best one… can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Koulini

Sure, here is a sticky topic where this is discussed:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)