BusinessObjects Board

error when opening report

Hi,

I created a report in DeskI, I exported it to the Repository, then I converted it to Web I. I deleted the Desk I version and the Web I version from InfoView, but I still have the original Desk I report on my PC.

When I try to open it, I get the error:

You are not authorised to use this document.(FRM0008)".
I havnā€™t changed anything on my permissions or user access.

Any ideas what to do and why this is happening?

Thanks!!

mutsy (BOB member since 2007-11-27)

Let me see if I have this correct.

You deleted both versions out of Infoview, but you kept the original on you pc and you canā€™t open it, correct?

Have you tried opening it with the Administrator enterprise account?

Have a great day!

MayhewM :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-22)

Hi

You missed to save your report in the Local Machine with Save for all usersā€¦ If you delete a report from repository, you need to keep your local copy of the report with Save for All usersā€¦

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

I tried to log in as Admin, it still does not work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

mutsy (BOB member since 2007-11-27)

We had logged a case (302750603) with BO a while back, Iā€™m looking at what the results are and I will let you know. In the mean time, try to stop and restart your Input FRS and see if it makes a difference. We originally had this issue when the FRS had stopped on itā€™s own while a report was being used. The report couldnā€™t be opened afterwards. Again, Iā€™m checking on the case to see what the results were. Maybe someone else has an idea for you in the mean time.

Have a great day!

MayhewM :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-22)

In 6.5 and earlier we would have used a general supervisor account to open such a report and then save it ā€œfor all usersā€. Is the administrator enterprise account the XI equivalent? :?:

G.E.Davies :uk: (BOB member since 2003-01-20)

[quote:aae308a36f=ā€œG.E.Daviesā€]In 6.5 and earlier we would have used a general supervisor account to open such a report and then save it ā€œfor all usersā€. Is the administrator enterprise account the XI equivalent? :?:
[/quote]

Not in the same fashion. the 5.x / 6.x general supervisor was seen as a security risk, and I agree. Anyone with a copy of the software could create a temporary repository (like in a local copy of Access), and open ANY document from any repository. This is no longer possible in the XI world. There are techniques for rescuing documents / universes that have been ā€œorphanedā€ from their repository, but the techniques are pretty brute force and require server access to the filesystem.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Iā€™m having the same problem. Without realizing what would happen, I deleted my reports from the repository only to discover I could no longer open my REP files from Desktop Intelligence (X2).

Iā€™ve tried opening them as Administrator but still get the same error. I wasnā€™t sure which service was the ā€˜Input DRSā€™ so I just tried rebooting my Business Objects server to see if that would help. No dice.

I hope thereā€™s a way to still get into these REP files.

cgibney (BOB member since 2008-02-04)

Take a look at the technique described here. As I said, it is brute force and you should take adequate backups in advance. It is written for universes, but applies to documents as well.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)