BusinessObjects Board

error when opening report

Hi,

I created a report in DeskI, I exported it to the Repository, then I converted it to Web I. I deleted the Desk I version and the Web I version from InfoView, but I still have the original Desk I report on my PC.

When I try to open it, I get the error:

You are not authorised to use this document.(FRM0008)".
I havn’t changed anything on my permissions or user access.

Any ideas what to do and why this is happening?

Thanks!!

mutsy (BOB member since 2007-11-27)

Let me see if I have this correct.

You deleted both versions out of Infoview, but you kept the original on you pc and you can’t open it, correct?

Have you tried opening it with the Administrator enterprise account?

Have a great day!

MayhewM :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-22)

Hi

You missed to save your report in the Local Machine with Save for all users… If you delete a report from repository, you need to keep your local copy of the report with Save for All users…

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

I tried to log in as Admin, it still does not work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

mutsy (BOB member since 2007-11-27)

We had logged a case (302750603) with BO a while back, I’m looking at what the results are and I will let you know. In the mean time, try to stop and restart your Input FRS and see if it makes a difference. We originally had this issue when the FRS had stopped on it’s own while a report was being used. The report couldn’t be opened afterwards. Again, I’m checking on the case to see what the results were. Maybe someone else has an idea for you in the mean time.

Have a great day!

MayhewM :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-22)

In 6.5 and earlier we would have used a general supervisor account to open such a report and then save it “for all users”. Is the administrator enterprise account the XI equivalent? :?:

G.E.Davies :uk: (BOB member since 2003-01-20)

[quote:aae308a36f=“G.E.Davies”]In 6.5 and earlier we would have used a general supervisor account to open such a report and then save it “for all users”. Is the administrator enterprise account the XI equivalent? :?:
[/quote]

Not in the same fashion. the 5.x / 6.x general supervisor was seen as a security risk, and I agree. Anyone with a copy of the software could create a temporary repository (like in a local copy of Access), and open ANY document from any repository. This is no longer possible in the XI world. There are techniques for rescuing documents / universes that have been “orphaned” from their repository, but the techniques are pretty brute force and require server access to the filesystem.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I’m having the same problem. Without realizing what would happen, I deleted my reports from the repository only to discover I could no longer open my REP files from Desktop Intelligence (X2).

I’ve tried opening them as Administrator but still get the same error. I wasn’t sure which service was the ‘Input DRS’ so I just tried rebooting my Business Objects server to see if that would help. No dice.

I hope there’s a way to still get into these REP files.

cgibney (BOB member since 2008-02-04)

Take a look at the technique described here. As I said, it is brute force and you should take adequate backups in advance. It is written for universes, but applies to documents as well.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)