BusinessObjects Board

CMS Database Structure

Hi

Author: Aniket Phanse
Discussion: It gives the picture of CMS database tables and fields
Platform: XI R2

The attached zip contains the CMS database structure , I don’t know whether this will help or not, but I thought of posting it.
CMS DB.zip (143.0 KB)

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Approved and moved to BOB’s Downloads. Please note that while the information is technically correct, it is only helpful for querying the Audit database. The CMS database still requires the use of the SDK to get any “meaningful” information from it.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hello, :wave: :wave:
Thanks for this attachment. It’s really helpful :slight_smile:

Could you please send the screenshot of the database structure of the CMS Database?

Also if you could generate the NICE PDF from the Crystal CMS Universe and attach the same?

Which version of BO does this structure belong to? :hb:
I think, This should either be BO5.0 or BO 6.5.

Can this structure be build on BO XI R2 SP4 ( NOTE: this version has encrypted CMS DATBASE) ?

Thanks in advance.

nishitks (BOB member since 2006-11-01)

The attached version is of Bo XI R2. And I am really sorry that I didn’t notice Service pack version.

But I guess, the Service Pack should not have any affect on the structure of the database… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Aniket,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please send the screenshot of the database structure of the CMS Database? :?:

Also if you could generate the NICE PDF from the Crystal CMS Universe and attach the same? :?:
OR
guide me thru to get them, since currently I am using BO XI R2

Hence i would like to query the CMS and get some information.

I would appreciate your help on the same.

The attached zip file contains a word document. In that document, on the left hand side, you will see the CMS database structure. The tables and columns associated with each tables are displayed. :slight_smile:

And If you want to query CMS database, you need to configure the same to SQL server or any other available database.

By default the CMS database resides in MYSQL, which I think you cannot query until and unless you configure it to some other database.

Note: The last point is just my guess.

But I am sure that if you configure at the time of installation, you would definitely be able to query your CMS database… :slight_smile:

Although you can query the CMS database, you will not get any useful information because the useful part of the data in the database is encrypted.

As Dwayne already mentioned, you need to use either query builder or SDK to get something useful out of the CMS database.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi

Actually I was looking for specifically , what columns are available in the CI_INFOOBJECTS or CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS or CI_APPOBJECTS ? :?:

Can you provide me some reference material for the same? :?:
How do I query those tables in the CMS database? :?:

Thanks,
Nishit Shah.

If specifically you have to check the fields in the following tables, then as Marek suggested, you may use Query builder.

You can read this:

The query builder is a part of Launchpad. You can login into that and you can use the queries as per your need.

thanks ! Good job !
always helpful…

cheers kenny

kenny :fr: (BOB member since 2007-01-02)