BusinessObjects Board

Changing the GSUPERVISOR password from Oracle

Have recently had a problem with the USER01.DBF file which required media recovery from Oralce . Since this has happened the GSUPERVISOR passowrd appears to have changed.

I do feel that this has been made to look like the change of password has been caused by the file corruption - very much have my doubts.

Have already made two attempts atempts at loging in with GSUPERVISOR so am reluctant to have a 3rd attempt in fear of locking the account. I have full admin rights to the server, the sys password for oracle so can change what ever needs to be changed.

Heres the question. How can I change the GSUPERVISOR password?? Even if it is a solution at the DB level ( running on Oracle 9.2…) that would be great. Any suggestions well received.

bencouve (BOB member since 2006-05-19)

Hi,

I presume that you use BO version 5.x or 6.x, is that right? And, don’t you have more general supervisor accounts that could be used to reset the password of your GS account?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

It is version 6.1

I have two other accounts GSUPERVISOR2 and Adminsitrator. They had the same password. GSUPERVISOR2 is now locked out.

Hi,

Check this topic, it will help:

[Moderator Note: Moving from General Discussion forum to Supervisor (4.x - 6.x)]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Perfect !! Thanks a lot, that was really useful. All back to normal again :smiley: