BusinessObjects Board

Disabled Supervisor account

My general supervisor account got disabled. It was working fine till today. Could that be because of the wrong password. So If I dont have a backup
general supervisor I think the only option left is to update the repository tables with this SQL
Update OBJ_M_ACTOR
Set M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD = NULL
Where M_ACTOR_C_NAME = ; .

Now after doing this should can I enter the just GS user name and logon. What is the status column OBJ_M_ACTOR about. Do we have to reset any flag

hartford27 :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-22)

Hi,

You need to change also the user status. Set M_ACTOR_N_STATUS to 1.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

How do you set the M_ACTOR_N_STATUS to 1. I know we have to run this SQL shown below
Update OBJ_M_ACTOR
Set M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD = NULL
Where M_ACTOR_C_NAME = ;
Do we have to run a SQL statement to set it to 1.

I would not set the password to null - I’d find an account you know, even if you have to ask someone, and get that encrypted password (if indeed you’ve forgotten it).

I’m not sure a NULL will act like you expect - if it helps, this is GENEDW encrypted: y]XygzedyeXy9

Good luck!
Brent

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Run this update:

Update OBJ_M_ACTOR
    Set M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD = NULL,
        M_ACTOR_N_STATUS = 1
  Where M_ACTOR_C_NAME = <username of general supervisor>;

Setting password to NULL works fine. After the update (dont forget to commit the transaction) just use GS account name and empty password for logging into Supervisor. Then the first thing you will do will be setting a new password.

Even before we do a update on the table,I have an other GS account but password for that is none I mean no password but it is saying the password is wrong. I have encrypted version of the password
KxSxAz82yQyoJ. DOes anyone know what it is.

If there is an encrypted password for the second GS account then there is definitely a password. So it is obvious that you get “incorrect password” warning message if you use null as the password.

There is no way to say what the password is based on the encrypted password. Only BO knows the encryption/decryption algorithm.