BusinessObjects Board

Changing default server to use for processing a QaaWS

Hi,
We have a BOXI 3.1 SP3.

We’re using QaaWS long time, but we have now to create a new query. The result of this new query is huge. So I need to increase the parameter “Maximum Character Stream Size” in the Web Intelligence Processing Server.

We think will be a nice idea to create a group of servers, with a specific parameters, just to running this query. The group maybe will be composed by a Web Intelligence Processing Server.

I know it’s possible to force a report to use a group of servers (Option “Only use servers belonging to the selected group”).

Is there any chance to do the same this QaaWS?

Best regards.

pattern (BOB member since 2010-09-22)

Have you looked at BIWS (Business Intelligence Web Services) You can then use a Webi report as your data source and filter it before it gets to the dashboard?

http://everythingxcelsius.com/xcelsius-training/xcelsius-and-business-intelligence-web-services-biws/3642

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Mak1,

Thanks for the info.

I’m trying to reproduce the steps, but I ca’nt find the way to do:

“3. In the Webi Rich Client, Highlight a report block and right-click then choose Publish as Web Service. (Note: Report web services are mapped to a report block just like Live Office objects are.)”

Note: We don’t have installed any Xcelsius component

There are permissions to use BIWS. Is your Rich Client on your workstation the SP3 one?

More here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/181563/5

Hi,
I have some problems using Rich Client with Web Service. We can’t access Web Services, they do not appear in Rich Client.

We are investigating the error, but we think it’s related to the fact that we have a clusters with two WAS nodes, but we’re publishing only on one of them.

Are you sure its not the permissions?