BusinessObjects Board

How can i implement BIWS in XI R3

Hi Guys,
Does XI R3 will support to implement BIWS to design Xcelsius dashboard.
If yes please let me know the process. I found one document on BO 4. i tried to implement the same steps but i didn’t find any option like Publish web services once i select report block.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Bigboss

bigboss (BOB member since 2011-03-04)

I believe it arrived in 3.1 SP2. You can use the Rich Client to do this, as long as you also have the correct permissions.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi
My environment is XI R3 with SP3. Even though i am not able to see publish web serices.
Is it not possible on Webi ? Do i need to use only WEBI Rich client?
Is it not possible in XI R3 ?

Please let me know the process or if do you have any document can you send me. how to implemen BIWS.

thanks in advance

Thanks
BIGBOSS

You must mean 3.1 SP3?

Yes, you can only use the Rich client for this, this publishes them in a similar way to QAAWs.

http://everythingxcelsius.com/xcelsius-training/xcelsius-and-business-intelligence-web-services-biws/3642

thanks

Hi
I am working on SAP BO XI 3 With SP3. I am unable to implement BIWS. Here are the stpes which i did , please corret me or can you send a good document to implement BIWS.

1. I developed a WEBI RIch client report.
  2. Saved the report on my desktop.
  3. exported to CMS
    4)Then i selected entire table ( webi richclient report out put) -> right click there i cant see publish as a webserices option. there i am able to see publich block as a first option.
  4. i choose publish Block
  5. then it pop with one new wizard which is publish content
  6. then i click on next
    it was asking me to give a name and description under the report content , there i gave Test_BIWS as name and description.
  7. then i did filter setting, there i am seeing host server as my host server name(default).
  8. clicked on next
  9. it was asking me to select a location where do you want to save webserices
  10. i selected a folder and clicked on create
  11. then it was asking me give a name and description for webservices name. Here i gave Test_BIWS as a name and description
  12. i choose my authentication
  13. click on ok
  14. then i got a pop saying that your webservices as created sucessfully
  15. then i click on finish
  16. then i went back to TOOL-> manage BI Services ->
  17. here i not able to view my webiservices which i created at step no. 16 ( Test_BIWS).

Please let me know what is worng in my process. And can you help me.
I think here i have to catche the Webserices URL and i have to use that URL in my dashboard using Qaaws connection.

1. Is it not possible to implement on WEBI Report ?
  2. Is it not possible to implement on XI 3.0 ?

If possible can you shoot me an email or steps document or best document to implement BIWS to my email please
bobjboss@gmail.com

i got it

thanks all

Please elaborate on the solution, thanks.

Actully i was able to generate url in Webi richclient … but i was not able to view/see under the folder where i save… because i dont have the proper access to view the BIWS url’s… Thanks it

THanks alll

Thanks
Bigboss