BusinessObjects Board

Changes to Calculation Engine - Documentation FOUND!!!

In testing reports upgraded from 5.1.6 to 6.1a, I’m noticing that some reports aren’t translating well. There seem to have been some changes made which concern how calculations are made within specific contexts. Does anyone have any documenation regarding this issue?

The original BO 6 Documentation said that changes had been made to the Calculation Engine and to request the specifics from your BO representative. I’ve tried contacting our BO rep on this issue, but he’s been unable to locate the appropriate documentation…

Thanks in advance for your help!

DJ

DJ06482 :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-22)

I’m finding the same to be true for our installation. I’m having to throw a multicube around things that worked fine in 5.1.x to get the right answer in 6.1a.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Cindy -

Thanks a lot for your comment, the Multicube() solved that issue :smiley:

DJ

When it rains, it pours! I just received the official documentation from BO, if anyone else needs it, just sent me a PM or email…

Thanks,

DJ

Please, e-mail it to me. My e-mail address is at the bottom of my signature :wink:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Email sent, if anyone else is interested, please just drop a line…

Take Care,

DJ

I 'd appreciate a copy as well …
I did not see your email add in your profile :confused:

Thanx
MikeD

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

MikeD -

Email’s been sent…

Thanks for the heads-up re: my email address, it should now be visible in my profile…

Thanks,

DJ

I’ve sent out a second round of emails to those who’ve requested the Calculation Engine guide…

Thanks,

DJ

Hi,

If you have support with Bus Objects there is a document on the support site called ‘Migrating from a previous version’ (under the ‘Installation and Deployment’ section of the browse documentation area). In this document is a chapter called ‘Calculator Enhancements’. It covers changes made in version 5.1.4 and well as version 6.0.

Regards.

Michael Abelha :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

If you check the documentation and see if it is freely distributable (which I assume that it is if you are emailing it ;-)) please consider following the guidelines to send it to BOB’s Downloads area. That will make it available for everyone. Thanks. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Dave -

Thanks for the info, I wasn’t aware of the BOB Downloads section, so I’ve sent an email to have the document posted there. I’ve checked the disclaimer and it’s OK to distribute…

Take Care,

DJ

P.S. BTW, it’s also very similar to pages 239-251 of the document Michael was referring to…

:blue: :wink:

Great, thanks. I’m sure it will be up shortly, and save you the trouble of sending out a bunch of emails. Once it has been uploaded, we’ll try to get a link to the topic posted in this topic so people can find it.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Document has been uploaded and can be found here:

Changes_in_Calculation_engine.zip (88.1 KB)

BOB Downloads (BOB member since 2003-05-05)