BusinessObjects Board

6.5 - repository upgrade?

Hi all—

I really thought, once upgraded to 6.x, one didn’t have to upgrade the repository again for 6.5. Is that right, or no? Just installed my new 6.5.1 for Windows, was trying to log in (Reporter, Supervisor, whatever), and get a “Your repository needs to be updated to support Business Objects 6” message (USR 00031). I’m using the same bomain.key I used for 6.1 a/b/3. Even did a safe recovery to generate a new one, and no dice. Do I really need to upgrade the repository again?

[Adding a note after visiting tech support site:}
Just found a technical note and pdf warning about upgrading a copied repository in 6.5. This is sort of similar, although the repository was copied from 5.1.4 and upgraded (I thought!) with 6.1.a (if not even some earlier 6.x - don’t even remember now). The idea is that the copy still carries some relationship to the original repository, which is a little scary. Thoughts? (Those of you that have access to the support site, check out article 2725.)

Thanks!
Amy

Amy Miller :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-07)

Indeed you do. Pretty major changes with this one.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Cindy–

We were writing at the same time - thanks! And ugh, just what I feel like doing again. Of couse, when we really do this in production, we’ll be jumping from 5.1.4 to 6.5 (I hope!)

–a.

If I’m not mistaken you’ll have to go to at least 5.1.6 in order to get a repository upgrade…then up from there…

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Why should that be? I thought there weren’t any repository changes after 5.1.4 (before 6) – and we’re moving to a totally different webi server, with a fresh install there - I know, if one was trying to do a webi upgrade in place, you had to at least be at 5.1.7 (and whatever webi was parallel) or thereabouts…

More after belatedly reading the documenation… I think the caveat in the deployment guide about having to be at 5.1.6 or later is the same one that’s been there through all the v.6 doc, and it relates to using InfoView 5 against the v.6 repository. We did some testing of this, and since we have such a relatively simple InfoView deployment, it seemed to be ok. Guess we’ll test again!

Thanks!

Apparently there are calculator engine changes that is why we are going to 5.1.7 before going to 6.5. There are no repository structure changes.

You need to check your reports though for calculaitons that use multiple data provider , get the exact details of changes to the calculator engine from BO

BOJunkie (BOB member since 2005-07-13)

Hi check out this link

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)