BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Extraction

Hi,

This spreadsheet works great on my test environment, but I am getting an error when i try to connect to my production environment. We are running BOXI 3.1.

Here’s the error:

CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1- - 2147210751: Transport error: comunication failure. (FWM 00001)

Sylvia

neely_000 :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-02)

Are you using Excel in Windows AD environement- If yes can you share your excel file so I can try at my instance.

Regarding your issue- I have worked on previous project(Enterprise Authentication)- I have seen sometime, some of the group and their security rights can cause a problem we had same problem in our Prod and then we verified the # of groups defined in Groups and and what we have in Prod and when recreated the same in Dev it was not able to work and then we solve a problem to change some kind of workaround (splitting group to more than one group) and solve the problem- Try if you get any luck.

Regards,
AKT

sapboguru (BOB member since 2006-07-13)

Hi,
Just fixed the issue with Excel 2007. I was getting the same errors as mentioned in this thread. The fix is:

1. Add the below line as first line in your code
    Option Explicit

2. Declare the below variable where all the variables are declared.
    Dim GroupId
    I am not sure about the original code posted in this thread but my code was using GroupId variable.
    Ensure that all the variables are declared.

3. Any variable used in ‘for Each … Next’ loop should be of Object type. if you are not sure then just declare the variable as ‘Dim Var1’

4. Search for CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”). Comment the whole line add the following line below it:
    Set SessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1”)

I hope the above helps.

Cheers,
Priyanka

priyanka1410 :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-13)

Thank you Priyanka.
Can you confirm this changes are pertaining to Windows AD authentication.
If possible can you attach your updated modified excel file in the forumtopics so others can use it.

Thanks
AKT

Hi,

Not sure about windows authentication. The errors taht I have fixed are

Automation Error -2147417848 The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Or

Invalid procedure call or argument

Or

VBAProject - 13: Type Mismatch 1000013"

Or

VBAProject - 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basics 1000458.

Due to security reason I wont be able to attache my code here. However the changes are very straightforward and i have already mentioned them in my post earlier.

I am not suer whether this will fix the Authentication problem.
Good luck with that

Priyanka

priyanka1410 :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-13)

Thanks for quick Reply- which authentication you are using ?

Is it Windows Authentication ?

All,

For those who have XI R2 and XI 3.1 installed on the same machine,you would get the “CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1- -2147024891: Access Denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS. 1000440”

Please try the following change as it worked for me.In the flogin code,replace the following

Set SessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”)

with

Set SessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise115.SessionMgr.1”)

Save the changes and run the macro.

Thank you
Bluebox

bluebox (BOB member since 2004-05-28)

Hi All,

When I try to extract user list using the excel from XI 3.1, I receive the following error:

‘Can’t find the object library’.

And the below text is highlighted in the flogin:

, Sess As SessionMgr

Please suggest.

Raj_admin :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

Raj

Please try pointing the libraries from 11.5 to 12. You can find the details in the first post from julienbras

MathiPrakash :uk: (BOB member since 2011-11-24)

work like a charm… thank you very much :smiley:

townguy (BOB member since 2011-04-15)

you mention a fix, but where is the fix at, is it in v4? if so, can you put this version in the BOB Board, the site you have it at is blocked for me due to our company security and firewall. If not in v4 where can I get the fix, I am getting the VBA automation not in this version error

slhermy (BOB member since 2006-04-13)

it’s pretty good。。。I like it. thanks for sharing.

keane (BOB member since 2011-09-22)

Hi,

I am able to extract all the users with their group successfully but problem I am facing is that all the uses come under admin group as well. So I need to manually delete those unnecessary users. Is there any issue with the query
???

Kind Regards,
Chetan

chetan86 :india: (BOB member since 2011-01-18)

Hi All,

Is there any possibility to add new records (i.e. users) using this utility?

Thanks in Advance.

chinnu6666 :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

Hi, I tried using the version v4 of the tool (which I find useful and which in the past I used with version BO XI 2).
Currently my system is BO XI 3.1 SP3 and use the tool on MSExcel 2007, unfortunately at the moment to execute the statement:

Set SessionManager = CreateObject (" CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr ")

I get the following error:

Failure in USERGROUPS ()
CrystalEnterprise14.SessionMgr.1 - 2147024891: 1000440

The libraries have all been modified as indicated by using 12 instead of the 11.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve?

Thank you.

Branda (BOB member since 2005-09-26)

Hi All,

The column ‘Last Logon time’ does not show any value for us…anything which we are missing or is it the common observation.

We need this value to determine which users are inactive for quite sometime, pls revert if anyone has clue here for this behaviour.

Thanks,
Chandra

manralchandra (BOB member since 2009-11-26)

Hi,
I am able to show “Last logon time” now in the sheet.
The code to print value for last logon was missing in VBA code, so I modified it.

Also I found that somehow code shows 1 extra group than what are existing for a user and reason being it counts total as another s_id for group and try to find out group which match that id. For example if a user is a member of 2 groups then the excel will show total 3 group for that user as total groups=2 and corresponding to value 2 it maps “administrator” group. I have made the required modification in the code to rectify this issue and now code is working fine as expected.

Thanks again Julien for sharing this excel!

manralchandra (BOB member since 2009-11-26)

I am trying to use v4 with with BOXI 3 sp2 and excel 2010

I get this error…
“VBAProject - 429 : ActiveX component can’t create object 10000429”

v.frustrating any ideas?

pag23 (BOB member since 2008-08-18)

Hi Team
I am new to using Macro’s . I joined a company where they have BO XI 3.1 SP2 FP2.2 and they have Macro’runnning for - a) Total Instances with input file size_NEW,
b) Total Instances with op file size_NEW, c) BOXI-Users-Groups

When i used the same macro’s for "BI4.0 SP2 " they dont work and gives me error - Cannot find Project Libray and higlihted in the code in

Dim oSessionMgr As CrystalEnterpriseLib.SessionMgr

Sub getBOXISchedules(server, username, userpass, auth)

Could you help me to make the macro to work

1. do i need to change ay thing in code to work for BI 4.0 ?

Thanks in Advance

Thanks
Pavan

CTuser (BOB member since 2007-04-10)

Hi Team
I am new to using Macro’s . I joined a company where they have BO XI 3.1 SP2 FP2.2 and they have Macro’runnning for - a) Total Instances with input file size_NEW,
b) Total Instances with op file size_NEW, c) BOXI-Users-Groups

When i used the same macro’s for "BI4.0 SP2 " they dont work and gives me error - Cannot find Project Libray and higlihted in the code in

Dim oSessionMgr As CrystalEnterpriseLib.SessionMgr

Sub getBOXISchedules(server, username, userpass, auth)

Could you help me to make the macro to work

1. do i need to change ay thing in code to work for BI 4.0 ?

Thanks
Pavan

CTuser (BOB member since 2007-04-10)