BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Extraction

Hi

I am unable to find the path for the following .dll to repoint.
Crystal Enterprise Framework Library
Crystal Enterprise InfoStore Library
Crystal Enterprise Plugin Manager Library
Crystal Enterprise User PlugIn
Crystal Enterprise UserGroup PlugIn

can you please provide the complete path on windows box.

Thanks
kalyan

vsagain (BOB member since 2006-08-24)

Has anyone been able to get this to work on XI 3.1 with Excel 2010? I’ve changed all the references for XI 3.1 but am getting the same Type Mismatch error 1000013 on the

Set UserObject = UserItem

line that others have mentioned. I’ve tried all the possible solutions listed in this thread and elsewhere with no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

ajunell :us: (BOB member since 2004-05-03)

Is there any way can we schedule this using object package

boputty (BOB member since 2007-05-19)

did you check your references, are they all set up (none ‘missing’)?

I had to enable crystal enterprise inforstore, plugin mangager, and usergroup libraries to make a macro run (listing users and security to a universe) - you have those?

I also found this a lot - a query works for small sets, then blows up when I ran against all data - I ended up using try/catch around a lot of things like this to avoid bad data. What happens if you change your query.select to bring back maybe top 10 records?

Good luck!
B

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks for the suggestions B. I have already updated all the references to point to the 12 version. None of them are marked as Missing and I’ve got all the references that you mention. My environment only has about 20 users total, but just for kicks, I set it to just grab one user and it still failed.

The query against the infostore itself works just fine and brings back the collection of InfoObjects. The error occurs on the line that tries to “Set UserObject = UserItem”. UserObject is defined as type User and UserItem is defined as InfoObject. That’s where I get the Type Mismatch error. Those two types should be compatible, but for some reason, it doesn’t like it. I’ve tried playing around with different combinations of setting the object types on those two objects, but no luck.

I’m verifying mine now -

Dim Users, Groups, SecClauses As InfoObjects
Dim UserItem, GroupItem, SecItem As InfoObject   ' singular

Dim UserObject As User

'Infostore instanciation
    Set iStore = esession.Service("", "InfoStore")

'document the users
    Set Users = iStore.Query("SELECT TOP 10 *  FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS Where SI_KIND='User'")

For Each UserItem In Users
  Set UserObject = UserItem

… are you sure you have all 3 defined similar?

I had this same issue, for the life of me can’t recall the fix - maybe the singular infoobject declare of UserItem?

Good luck!
B

Yep…my Dims and the For Each loop looks exactly like that. This is very frustrating. I guess my next step is to reinstall the client tools just to see if a dll is messed up somehow.

If you have what should be a working snippet, post it and I’ll try it in parallel -

You might also just want to re-register your DLLs, if they are there.

Good luck!
B

I started off with BOXI UserListV3.xls from the very first page of this thread. The only changes I made initially were for changing the references from 11.5 to 12.

i tried to fix errors
Automation Error -2147417848 The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Or

VBAProject - 13: Type Mismatch 1000013"

I had several trial and error attempts to fix these - due to having r2 dlls getting mixed up with the r3 dlls? as uninstall of r2 left some files behind.
I unregistered these ones in r2 …
regsvr32 -u “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\win32_x86\plugins\auth\secEnterprise\secenterprise.dll”

regsvr32 -u “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\win32_x86\InfoStor.dll”

regsvr32 -u “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\win32_x86\EnterpriseFramework.dll”

Then
deleted the folder Business Objects Enterprise 11 altogether

Then registered r3 dll with this…

regsvr32 “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\secEnterprise.dll”

Then did regedit and searched for " crystalenterprise.sessionmgr" and clicked on the progid to check what it said- and used that text in my line of code in the macro
'session manager instantiation
'Set sessionmanager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”)
Set sessionmanager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1”)

breezeblock (BOB member since 2010-11-18)

Hi,

i am using this tool since last one year and it is very useful for my audit report.

Can you please provide me the similar tool for BI 4.0 or this would work with 4.0 also?

Thanks,
Srinivas

ssrinivasareddy :india: (BOB member since 2008-03-28)

Can any one help me resolving this issue.

Error message “crystalenterprise12.infostore cms operation times out after 9 minutes”

billa (BOB member since 2008-06-11)

I am having issues with XI 3.1 user extraction list. I am getting an error after 10 min. session time out.

gmoorthyp (BOB member since 2005-08-29)

I think that’s maybe tied to Idle Document Timeout, but look for anything that says 600 seconds (in webi reportserver / CMS connection).

Good luck!
Brent

Hi,

Thanks for this information.

Please could you help me that how to find which user is using which application?
for Example:

A User is using webi only
B User is using web + richclient +Deski
C user is using Crystal _Deksi…

Thanks

cva :uk: (BOB member since 2006-05-20)

I would look in your scheduler (the Instance Manager), get a list of reports by user and go from there… I don’t use Crystal, but Deski and Webi each have their own report processor and job scheduler processes, so you’re on the hook for checking them all (timeouts on each).

Good luck!
B

Fantastic Utility – works perfects for XI 3.1 sp2 – well, once i exchanged the 11.5 Crystal libraries for teh 12.0 version… :smiley:

puhl64 :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-07)

very usefull tool… I’m working with BOXIr3 and it works fine.

Now we are upgrading our BO so, is there something like this for B.O. 4.0?

Thank you,
Ale

Bo_Arale :it: (BOB member since 2007-09-10)

As far as I know, there is none so far.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi ,

I’m getting error

"VBAProject - 458 : Variable uses an automation type not supported in Visual Basic 1000458 "

How to resolve this

bosateesh (BOB member since 2011-09-15)