BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Excel Export

Found some info to make this work with BOXI R3. You will need to open the excel file, hit Alt+F-11. Then go to tools, References and find the missing checked items. Check the identical item in the list for version 12 and uncheck the 11.5 version as you go. Save the file and it will now work with BOXI R3.

If you receive an error stating that an account could not be found in active directory when running your extract, log into CMC and go to authentication. Select Windows AD. Scroll to the bottom and click Update. This will clear all accounts that do not have an AD accont associated with them so you dont have to delete them manually.

Hope this helps anyone that is using this tool.

kevinmo13 (BOB member since 2009-04-29)

this is great! :mrgreen: KUDOS! :slight_smile:
how do i add on which reports users are accessing?

mishelhere :philippines: (BOB member since 2008-01-24)

Hi,

Superb tool. One issue though…doesn’t work in a system having both XI R3 and R2 SP2.

Getting the following error.

CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1 - -2147024891: Access denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS. 1000440

Works fine with R2 SP2 alone. Any ideas?

mithungo (BOB member since 2009-09-01)

Hi All,

The code works great in excel! I really need to get this code to work in BO(XI/R2 SP5). I have to compare the data with another report and schedule this report.

I need to get

Set Rng = Sheets("Users").Cells

to work in BO. Can someone please tell the replacement in BO; for eg: Thisdocument.reports(0).,if it can be used to replicate the function.

Thanks in Advance,
Ethan

ethaihunt (BOB member since 2010-10-07)

Not sure if you ever resolved this, but I’ve just had the exact same issue - the following change to the code seems to have resolved it:

Change this line:

'Session Manager instanciation
    Set SessionManager = CreateObject("CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr")

To this:

'Session Manager instanciation
    Set SessionManager = New SessionMgr

Ahchay (BOB member since 2011-06-28)

Hi, I really need to create a list of users we have in BOXI and found this download woould be ideal to do the job. I don’t have access to CMS and there is a reluctance to run this application against the CMS. Is there any way this can be done just using the select statement as used by the application?

Thanks in advance

Geo68

Geo68 (BOB member since 2009-06-12)

Sure. Walk through the VBA code and figure out what the query would look like. Plug that query into Query Builder (your BO admin should know how to get to that).

The big downside is that the results are not in a spreadsheet format. They are on an HTML page, with each record being a block of data. It is tedious at best to take that information and transform it into a useful list of users.

If it helps at all, I can personally vouch for the utility and safety of this tool, so long as you are only doing reads from the CMS. I have used several different versions against both R2 and 3.1 repositories.

Lugh (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

Hello everybody,

What has to be changed in the macro, if you get the “Failure in UsersGroups()”-error message.

CrystalEnterprise14.SessionMgr.1 - … FWB 00008

Can you post your workarounds to fix that?

That would be great!

bobnoob (BOB member since 2010-09-16)

Has someone a hint for me? That would be great :wink:

bobnoob (BOB member since 2010-09-16)

HI Julien,

When running the macro we are getting the error “vba project 429 activex component can’t create object 1000429” i changed the code to Set sessionmanager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1”)

we are on XI3.1 Sp6 but still getting the same error. Could you please help on this. Is there anything else i need to change in the code?

Regards,
Venkat

venkat_dasari (BOB member since 2015-08-14)

I have been using the Macros successfully over the past years from a 32 bit PC. I haven’t got it to work from a 64 bit PC, any idea?

I get the “VBAProject - 429: ActiveX component can’t create object 1000429” Error from a 64 bit PC.

Business Objects Client Tool is installed. I have tried to register the dlls as well. Tried changing the code as below but no luck.

Set SessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”)

To:
Set sessionmanager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1”) OR Set SessionManager = New SessionMgr

Issue is not VBA Macro specific. Thank you in advance for your suggestions / inputs.

Mingthingla Keishing (BOB member since 2013-11-08)

Hey-

I know this is an old thread but were you able to find a resolution for this issue.
Code works fine on 32 Bit windows but fails on 64 Bit windows 10.

Any ideas are appreciated

Code fails with the exact error message as above thread.

Manasi (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Anyone?

kaaoic001 (BOB member since 2016-05-31)

What is the exact problem you’re having? I just ran this on Win7 with BI4.2 SP06 Patch 4 installed. I replaced the missing libraries with:

Crystal Enterprise Framework Library 14.0
Crystal Enterprise InfoStore Library 14.0
Crystal Enterprise User PlugIn 12
Crystal Enterprise UserGroup PlugIn 12

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi Joepeters,
Have VBA code in MS Access to extract the list of users from BO 4.1. Code was working fine with Office 2013, but just updated to Office 2016 and now the code is failing.

The error being generated is: 13 - Type mismatch 1000013

The only change was the Office upgrade.

Eh, I probably won’t be of much help to you. What line is it failing on?

Code:
'—Vars for BO Session—
Dim SessionManager As New SessionMgr
Dim esession As EnterpriseSession
Dim iStore As InfoStore

'—Vars for User Info—
Dim BOUsers As InfoObjects
Dim BOUserItem As InfoObject
Dim BOUserObject As User
'Dim BOUserObject As CrystalUserPluginLib.User

'Enterprise Session
Set esession = SessionManager.Logon(Me.tbUserName, Me.tbPassword, Me.cboCMS, Me.cboAuth)

'Infostore instanciation
Set iStore = esession.Service("", "InfoStore")

'--Get User Info
Set BOUsers = iStore.Query("SELECT TOP 1000000 SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS, SI_FORCE_PASSWORD_CHANGE, SI_NAME, SI_ID, SI_USERGROUPS, SI_USERFULLNAME, SI_ALIASES, SI_DESCRIPTION, SI_LASTLOGONTIME, SI_PASSWORDEXPIRE, SI_NAMEDUSER FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS Where SI_KIND='User'")

For Each BOUserItem In BOUsers  'Loop through users

Set BOUserObject = BOUserItem	

The code is now failing on the last line above, setting BOUserObject = BOUserIte

It’s likely that there is another reference that includes a “User” class, and that is being used for your UserObject object.

I noticed you had this line commented out:

'Dim BOUserObject As CrystalUserPluginLib.User 

That would be the correct way to explicitly reference the correct class. If you had that originally and it didn’t compile, then that would indicate that you don’t have the Crystal Enterprise User Plugin 12 library selected in References.

Joe

Did you get this figured out? This is my favorite file and the 64-bit has ruined it!!! :frowning:

giggles7840 (BOB member since 2007-07-13)

Hello,

this macro works with 32/64 bit Windows and 32 bit Office.

SuKA (BOB member since 2018-10-20)