BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Excel Export

I was using this tool and loving it but all of a sudden when I try to Extract Data from CMS now, I get an error:

“VBAProject - 13: Type Mismatch 1000013”

Any ideas what this error means? I haven’t changed anything in my XI install and have everything installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

surreal :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-29)

Nice tool, very helpful. I have one question about what I am seeing in our system.

Our setup: We use Active Directory to manage our users. We add the new Active Directory Group as usual using the Authentication tab in the CMC. We also have a process using the SDK that runs at night to update the existing authenticated Active Directory groups to add or remove members.

When I run this spreadsheet, all users have 0 listed for Never Connected. I assume that this correlates to True meaning that all users have connected. There are Last Login Time dates for about half of the users. I am assuming that this is because even though they have been setup using Active Directory, they have yet to log in.

My assumption here is that the Never Connected status is impacted by the Active Directory updates so this is why they all show True. In this case, the Last Login Time is the more accurate information for whether or not they have logged into the system.

Any comments or clarification on my assumptions?

This is a great tool. Thanks for sharing. Is there any way to create an odbc data source to the database and then write a Crystal Report that provides the same info?

acook (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Very nice tool. Thanks.

Snabbles (BOB member since 2006-07-07)

Same here. We’re on SP3 and that’s probably the cause. Too bad as this is (was!) a great tool. :+1:

JeroenO :netherlands: (BOB member since 2002-09-16)

This tool is really cool. It’s using a VBA code in excel. Does anyone have a vb script version of this code?

Thanks in advance,

gar06 (BOB member since 2007-08-31)

I get this same error when trying to use the tool with XI 3.0.
I went back and re-ran the client install and made sure I installed everything. No luck, mine still fails with the error above. The client install doesn’t explicetly list the COM version of the SDK. It lists Enterprise Java SDK and Enterprise Web SDK.

Is there somewhere I can download this COM SDK?

EricE (BOB member since 2008-03-26)

I am getting a failure in UserGroups()

CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1 - - 2147024891: 100040[/img]

RedLineE90 (BOB member since 2008-06-12)

Where can I get more information to learn how to write such codes,

Thanks In Advance

mukul.jain :india: (BOB member since 2005-10-26)

i have just check ; and yes the tool is failing on a BO XI R2 SP3 server. And never tested on BO XI 3.0 :).

Will try to investigate why it’s not working on BO XIR2 SP3 :wink:

Is it possible to inlcude information whether user is enabled or disabled?

Thanks

[quote:b4c987e98b=“mukul.jain”]Is it possible to inlcude information whether user is enabled or disabled?

Thanks
[/quote]

Check the column F (title : Disabled) :slight_smile:

Sorry…found it
headers got deleted to couldn’t figure out initially.

thanks

This is excellent, thanks. I tried to run it and I am getting this error: CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr.1 - -2147024891: Access denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS. 1000440

We have BOXI R2 SP3. Any ideas?

Thanks!

jgorricho :colombia: (BOB member since 2005-10-21)

Hi all,

The solution is great !!! :wink: But unfortunately, I haven’t Excel application on my production server and I can’t install it…

I receive error message during code debuging :
"Set SessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”)
'Enterprise Session instanciation
Set esession = SessionManager.Logon(tbName, tbPassword, tbCMS, “secEnterprise”)
"
Has anybody create a connection string to CMS concerning table

Thanks in advance for you reply

CeD

ced :belgium: (BOB member since 2005-06-27)

Just for info :

the file have been successfully tested on BO XI R2 (SP1/SP2/SP3)

Regards,

:smiley: Thanks it works fine. Very usefull.

F.Richard :belgium: (BOB member since 2008-08-27)

this is pretty awesome. How could i leverage this to use if we want listing of users who have not logged on last 90 or 120 days?

Molly (BOB member since 2004-03-16)

This macro is great. However I am not able to run it when change the authentication to secWinAD. Any idea? I am able to login to CMC with Windows AD authentication though.

meichu (BOB member since 2009-03-24)

i have hardcoded the secEnterprise authentification in my excel macro, but you can surely change that to an other authentification :slight_smile:

Or use the Administrator account which is a Enterprise account !

Regards,