BusinessObjects Board

BOMGR0070 Returned by function Get list of Prompts

I’m getting the following error while trying to refresh .rep reports WITH PROMPTS from InfoView (6.5.1)

The reports without prompts seem to work fine. I’ve done some search on the forum. There are some threads related to BOMGR0070 but they are not directly related to this issue.

This is happening on our production server. So i can’t do hit and trial and restart the server many times. Any idea how to solve the issue in a good way.

salam :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

Hi,

Does your problem concern all the reports .rep?

If yes, have you try to delete the universe on the server in
“C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\nodes\frmtpcmb3\mycluster\universes\Universe\Test” ?

Regards
Chris

Maitre B (BOB member since 2004-09-02)

Thanks for the response

This problem does not concern all the .rep files. :expressionless:

Hi salam,

I appreciate that this is your production server but the error does indicate a corrupted universe file.
Deleting the universe directory and re-starting the WebI Server is the only way I know to solve it.

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

:frowning: Seems like there is no way around it :roll_eyes: I’m further investigating the issue and will probably do as suggested at some low load appropriate time. And will let you know if anything works fine. :expressionless:

I stopped my WI removed the universe and restarted WI. Then refreshed the document and it worked fine.

I got the same error even with documents without a prompt.

Thanks for the solution.

Bertus Viljoen

Bertus (BOB member since 2005-08-29)

My 2 cents:

Also delete the .unw file from Universe\ucdz folder.

“Sometimes the unv file gets corrupted.” Hopefully there is no such crap in XI!

This thread saved me. Thanks Bobers!

You kinda know how it works. But you can’t recollect/think straight when 300 users are waiting and managers are on you (literally)!

Then BOB rescues you. And you walk around as the “kick ass” BO Admin…

I love BOB!

prasad :india: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

Hello all members,
(Maitre B, Salam and Prasad)

I want to confirm if i will delete the “Universe” from the mentioned folder then how would i get it again.

I am quite new to BO 6.5

COM error during call to BusinessObjects server process.
(Error: BOMGR 0070)
The remote procedure call failed. no message to display

The above mentioned error is occuring on my client side. They are using BO 6.5.4

Could you member please revise, how actually you guys resolved this problem.

Regards,
Izhar

izhar :pakistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

Pre-supposing that your universe designers do their universe development locally, and export to the repository, which is the norm…

If you delete the universe from the WebI server, then the WebI server will re-import it from the repository when it is next needed.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi there,

Today, i exported the report to the corporate documents. when i try to refresh it i am getting the same error.

Can some one tell me
1)How to delete the Universe from the WI server? can you name the path for universes in WI server.

2)How should i recollect the Universe again. in step by step process.

I dont have access for WI server. I need to coordinate guide with my client to implement it. And i need to show proof on how should i retrive it back.

Very Appreciated on your help.

Many Thanks
Sreenivas

sreeb (BOB member since 2009-01-05)

Hi there,

Today, i exported the report to the corporate documents. when i try to refresh it i am getting the same error.

Can some one tell me
1)How to delete the Universe from the WI server? can you name the path for universes in WI server.

2)How should i recollect the Universe again. in step by step process.

I dont have access for WI server. I need to coordinate guide with my client to implement it. And i need to show proof on how should i retrive it back.

Very Appreciated on your help.

Many Thanks
Sreenivas

sreeb (BOB member since 2009-01-05)

COM error during call to BusinessObjects server process. (Error: BOMGR 0070) The remote procedure call failed. no error message to display (server name(returned by function Refreshing Document) )

Am using BO 6.5 in apache tomacat web server on oracle 10g. I succesfully refreshed a BO file which needs less than 30minutes to refresh but when it takes more than 30 m it shows me the above error & stop refreshing…will any one help how to solve the problem…
please i need help
thx

GoitomG (BOB member since 2010-11-22)