BusinessObjects Board

Batch User Delete

Title: Nuke-A-Group
Author: Joe Peters
Author Notes:

Platform: MS Excel
Version: 1.0
Nuke-A-Group.zip (53.0 KB)

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Joe, I am not in a position to set up a test environment and run this, especially since it’s going to delete stuff. Are you using this already, or did you write it in response to a question here?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Dave,

I wrote it for my own purposes a couple of weeks ago and have tested it in a sandbox as well as in the production environment in which I needed to delete the users.

The “Get Results” button will simulate the deletion process, but doesn’t actually delete. It will produce results on the “Result” tab to validate the actions that will be taken prior to running it live. As an extra safety measure, there are two “.Delete” lines in the VBA code that can be commented out to ensure nothing bad happens

Joe

Based on those responses, I will promote this to the Downloads forum without testing. Users should use at their own risk. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Joe,

thanks for the useful tool! Amazing!

I have one question:
Is there a small issue for the “Action if user is only in listed groups” DropDownList? Only two times “Remove from listed groups” can be selected. So i checked the code and probably the range for the values is incorrect? (should it be J21:J22 for Skip User and Delete User).

Gerd

pirkerge :austria: (BOB member since 2010-08-16)

This is an update to my Batch User Delete to fix a problem with the drop-down selections for two input fields.

I moved the source of the validations into the header rows, to prevent them from getting screwed up by inserting or deleting rows in the body of the exhibit (which is how they got screwed up in the first place).

Thanks to SandiR and pirkerge for finding and reporting the bug.

Joe
Nuke-A-Group-1.1.zip (43.0 KB)

I just posted a fix for this bug in BOB’s Uploads.

Incidentally, the problem was also discovered by SandiR here.

Thanks!
Joe

I dont have any BO client app installed on my local machine. We do remote in to work with BO server like working on Designer or CCM.

When i ran your app on my local machine i get compile error: User-Defined type not defined.

Any idea why i am getting this error?

wood :nepal: (BOB member since 2006-06-05)

'coz you don’t have the BO client app installed :slight_smile:

Joe,

By Client app are you talking about Deski?

Tom

tmcd :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-02)

Yep.

We dont use Deski. We actually use WebI. our BO version is BO XI R2. So is your app works only if we use DeskI?

wood :nepal: (BOB member since 2006-06-05)

Or Designer… but they’re installed together as part of the Client Tools.

DooH!

I’ve had it installed all along, we just never used Deski because we heard it was eventually going away.

tmcd :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-02)

Do you you a list of the references that have be checked in order the run the macro?

…never mind, I figured it out. Thanks.

Gorilla (BOB member since 2011-05-25)

Is this down load compatible with XI3.1? I receive an error message stating "Run-time error ‘429’ ActiveX component can’t create object

has anyone else seen this error or no how to resolve it. Currently I’ve increase my infoview preferences to display 500 objects and then I am deleting them 500 at a time :frowning:

mcliffordgoo :us: (BOB member since 2003-02-13)

This was built for XI3, so I’m not sure what’s causing the error. I’m assuming you have the BO client tools installed? In the VBA editor, click Tools->References. Are any of the checked libraries showing up as “MISSING”?

This doesn’t work for some reason?! I’m using BOXI 3.1 and it does not provide us with an option to select the ‘system’ and any other credentials.

How was anyone else able to get this to work?

indy (BOB member since 2004-04-08)

The “System” field is free-form. Do you mean that you can’t enter any text into it?

Thanks for the response. I was not even able to find the system field. No worries though, we found another way to obtain the information.

indy (BOB member since 2004-04-08)