BusinessObjects Board

How to Remove All Enterprise User Account

Hi All,
We are mapping users from a windows AD group but some users have enterprise account as well. How to remove all users’ enterprise account from the system?

The environment is:
BO version: BO XI 3.1 with SP3
Application server: Tomcat
Database: Oracle 10g

Thanks.

jiang (BOB member since 2007-01-12)

You can use this. But you have to tweak the query builder query to reference only Enterprise accounts

Regards,
Mani

Manikandan Elumalai :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-23)

Hi Mani,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I couldn’t find a query to return only Enterprise account users. I would appreciate if you could send me the query if you know.

Thanks,
Jiang

I’m curious WHY you’d want to REMOVE the Enterprise aliases? I’ve heard horror stories (lost personal folders/reports/permissions) about using only 3rd party aliases (SAP, LDAP, or AD). These admins have had issues with User accounts vanishing when their BOE server lost communication with the 3rd party system. (I could see other administrative actions causing this as well.) As a Best Practice, I’ve implemented a process that ADDS Enterprise aliases to all my users to prevent any loss from an outside influence. If you you’re doing this simply so the users cannot manually log in, maybe a better idea is to disable the the Enterprise alias?

ChrisW1204 :us: (BOB member since 2011-04-21)

Thank you so much for your advice.

In our system, the users have both AD and Enterprise accounts. When the staff left the company, the AD account can be removed automatically but the enterprise account is still in the system. We would like to clean up the system to remove all users only have enterprise account. Please give some suggestions. Thanks.